• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2014!!! JUNE 20-22

731 posts in this topic

Great show so far. Got to see GAtor, vintage comics, Capt. Comics and Nickelspot.

GAtor let me take a picture with his CGC signature series Captain America Comics # 1.:)

Great stuff! Hope all the dealers do well and the collectors find some treasures.

(thumbs u

Some great buys and great dealers. Had one dealer sour my day. $150 comic and I only had a little cash so I left a $50 deposit. When I returned to buy it the comic was now $250 and the "owner" claimed his employee was not qualified to sell the comic. Uh huh. Comic has price, sell comic. Why have an employee if he can't do that? Scumbag retailer. :(

The rest has been AWESOME

Some great buys and great dealers. Had one dealer sour my day. $150 comic and I only had a little cash so I left a $50 deposit. When I returned to buy it the comic was now $250 and the "owner" claimed his employee was not qualified to sell the comic. Uh huh. Comic has price, sell comic. Why have an employee if he can't do that? Scumbag retailer. :(

Out the dealer! :sumo:

I believe I was at Nickelspot's booth where we both heard a "captivating" conversation about uteruses from a couple of girls at the edge of the next book. Semi loud and giggling, (the girls not us).

A few other notes:

1. several dealers going through Earl Shaw's $10 boxes right away, semi-feeding frenzy. He has some nice books in there.

2. GATOR has one impressive wall.

3. There seemed to be more big dollar wall books this year all over the convention.

4. 50 cent and dollar books everywhere.

Out the dealer! :sumo:

+1

Just got back from the Boardie dinner. Thanks to Wally for organizing it. Pleasure to meet you. Nice to meet Brock & Mary. Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow. (Thumbs u

What a Friday, I think I bought/traded the yearly GDP of a small Central American country today. Lots of quality material in the room if you are willing to look. Hopefully, I don't have to make another bank run and my funds hold out. Now, how do I get all this stuff home?

What a Friday, I think I bought/traded the yearly GDP of a small Central American country today. Lots of quality material in the room if you are willing to look. Hopefully, I don't have to make another bank run and my funds hold out. Now, how do I get all this stuff home?

dang , did you leave anything for us guys today,, what all did you haul in?

I know the feeling. I got killer deals yesterday. Got a lot of great books that I wasn't even looking to walk away home with.in my grasps. I didn't even get to make it through the entire room yesterday. I've got an Action Comics 252 waiting on me that never made it to the wall all day long. I can't wait to go pick it up this morning. Fabulous show as always!!

dang , did you leave anything for us guys today,, what all did you haul in?

So far, about three shortboxes full of keys and high grade Silver/bronze and Copper.