• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wait, Batman never sits down?

73 posts in this topic

i dont see the big issue here, the editor was doing his job (albeit a bit of a snarky delivery). Batman doesn't really sit down...it'd be like Aquaman on a jetski or something

I'm pretty sure the scene that he's describing, Batman was talking to a scared young girl.

It would be a Doosh move for Bats to loom over a terrified child.

i dont see the big issue here, the editor was doing his job (albeit a bit of a snarky delivery).

I think it speaks volumes of the kind of editor is overseeing the book, which shows a lot of unnecessary rigitity on the editors part. The editor comes off as either a micromanager that needs to change details just to exert his position in the company or someone who is unable to understand the context and accept a non-standard adjustment to the character that suits the story.

I have worked with people with similar management styles, and their ignorance and incompentence are unprofessional and - in no small part - brings down the creativity of the project. I feel for Paul Jenkins on this one.

This just confirms my worst fears that those currently running DC are Drokk'n fools!

I think DC's front office is a mess. I get that people complain about Marvel and their policies to cover the shelves with as many books as possible, but DC is having some real issues. I don't think there New 52 sustained sales outside of Batman, which feel unaffected by Flashpoint beyond Barbara Gordon (which I feel was a mistake as the Batgirl book had been outstanding prior to New 52).

I predict DC having some real financial trouble in the next 5 years though. There saving grade might be if the Superman movie is good while also shelving a good book in Superman Unchained. Time will tell, but I'm not holding my breath...

Really did love the Stephanie Brown batgirl but I also love Gail Simone as a writer. Her secret six was amazing but was sadly a 52 casualty.

With Jim Lee being on Superman Unchained lets just hope it's a little faster than All Star Batman and Robin.