• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ask CGC

30 posts in this topic

They do, but you have to understand these people answering these questions go from one con to the next con hardly ever spending time at the office on a computer to where they can answer questions let alone have a chance to have a day off.

It seems to me that this is not the only place where CGC is lacking proper help (60 days to get a comic graded). Perhaps it may be time to hire some new people. They are creating quite the demand for another grading company.

It seems to me that this is not the only place where CGC is lacking proper help (60 days to get a comic graded). Perhaps it may be time to hire some new people. They are creating quite the demand for another grading company.

That is sweet insight. It may get some traction around here, but it may take a while, as it is a groundbreaking idea.

That is sweet insight. It may get some traction around here, but it may take a while, as it is a groundbreaking idea.

lol

I have come to recognize that we need CGC more than they need us. The demands of the hobby, the growth of population and the revolving door filled with customers means that companies (not just CGC) truly can care less about the percieved injustices, delays and inconveniences of consumers.

For every fist-shaking, swearing-off-CGC-posting member of the board, there's 10 more willing to wait twice as long and pay twice as much as we are. My best advice for the OP: settle in for long waits, not seeing your comics for 6-9 months and learn to be Zen when it comes to CGC.

CGC is at the point to where they should just setup a west coast shop. Portland, Or would be a good place for a shop just to drive Danielle Patterson mad.

I have come to recognize that we need CGC more than they need us. The demands of the hobby, the growth of population and the revolving door filled with customers means that companies (not just CGC) truly can care less about the percieved injustices, delays and inconveniences of consumers.

For every fist-shaking, swearing-off-CGC-posting member of the board, there's 10 more willing to wait twice as long and pay twice as much as we are. My best advice for the OP: settle in for long waits, not seeing your comics for 6-9 months and learn to be Zen when it comes to CGC.

Or the best advice I can offer is manup and pay for the fast track so you get your comics back in a reasonable time. I don't like that their is two seperate grading times because of fast track because I believe it should be first recieved first served, but lets face it I am not going to have my comics out for 6 to 9 months either before I gvet them back.

CGC is at the point to where they should just setup a west coast shop. Portland, Or would be a good place for a shop just to drive Danielle Patterson mad.

Another in a line of great, novel ideas.

They do, but you have to understand these people answering these questions go from one con to the next con hardly ever spending time at the office on a computer to where they can answer questions let alone have a chance to have a day off.
They don't, really. It's a monitored sub forum where they only post the questions that get answered. Ones that don't, don't get posted. I know. I've submitted questions in the past and they're never seen again.

They don't, really. It's a monitored sub forum where they only post the questions that get answered. Ones that don't, don't get posted. I know. I've submitted questions in the past and they're never seen again.

1xdgx.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Well, think about how the folks in Washington would answer that question, then apply that to CGC, and as you can see, you get what you pay for.

hope that clears it up for you