• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with a couple Superman posters?

4 posts in this topic

I apologize in advance for the crappy picture quality; these were the only images I could find on the internet, which are very small resolution-wise to begin with, and I didn't want to take mine out of the tubes just yet.

The first one I beleive is somewhat common, from the 50th anniversary in Cleveland, some Expo or something...two sided, from the early 80's. Can anyone tell me the artist on this one?

The second one is the the main one I have questions on; there is only one on eBay right now, but the listing doesn't have alot of information. Here is what I know: it's a door-sized poster at 74X26, and is from 1987. Artist? Even though it's only from '87, is it somewhat rare? Value?

Thank you for any info, and by the way, I have these brand new, still in a tube, if anyone is interested in a vintage Marvel Comics poster trade...

138595.jpg.d4fb16ac758309fa5099fcd18b711185.jpg

138596.jpg.a9d2c6d88ad228d1dc1852e15e6c1324.jpg

The first one is from the 50th birthday celebration in Cleveland, OH. Art looks like Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez or Giordano, a lot of the licensed Superman merchandise from that time period featured either of those artists.

That second one just looks like a regular door length poster. Also looks like it could be either a Garcia-Lopez or Giordano. Not for sure about value, I've never seen one that was door sized.

EDIT: Damn you curse filter!