• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Man Of Steel" Thread

962 posts in this topic

why do all the negative reviewers have to come across as elitists?

Despite an obscene budget that could have made a giant stride in the cure for cancer, there isn't much originality, and the whole endeavor appears to be the work of grown men who never outgrew puberty.

not enough that you can't really point out anything from the film apart from it lacking originality (shocking when it's the 6th Superman film) but to make stupid comments about puberty then i honestly don't understand how he keeps a job. His full review is just a mash up of lazy bashing of random factors mixed with words that he plucked out of a thesaurus

Despite an obscene budget that could have made a giant stride in the cure for cancer, there isn't much originality, and the whole endeavor appears to be the work of grown men who never outgrew puberty.

not enough that you can't really point out anything from the film apart from it lacking originality (shocking when it's the 6th Superman film) but to make stupid comments about puberty then i honestly don't understand how he keeps a job. His full review is just a mash up of lazy bashing of random factors mixed with words that he plucked out of a thesaurus

Be interesting to see what's his reviews of After Earth and World War Z say?

I stopped reading reviews from critics along time ago.

Been listening to the soundtrack on YouTube most of the day, its quite majestic and up there with Hans Z's best!

Link. :baiting:

Been listening to the soundtrack on YouTube most of the day, its quite majestic and up there with Hans Z's best!

This one is excellent, listen to it quick as I'm sure it will get pulled soon.

he seemed to enjoy Skyfall

'nuff said

also he have DKR 1/4

must be a Marvel guy

EDIT: he gave Inception 1/4 too

Haven't heard it yet, but I have a few of his "Dark Knight" soundtrack pieces on my phone, great music. Glad to hear he did the score for this. :applause:

This one is excellent, listen to it quick as I'm sure it will get pulled soon.

I'm listening to it right now. It's very good.

he seemed to enjoy Skyfall

'nuff said

also he have DKR 1/4

must be a Marvel guy

EDIT: he gave Inception 1/4 too

Rex Reed is a hack, even in the world of film critics.

As of 7:00 AM PST Today

MoS6-12-13_zps30738c0f.jpg

Big disparity between the 49 critics and the 81,641 fan expectations. :)

I wonder what the fan anticipation/expectations were for "The Phantom Menace" pre-release. hm

As of 7:00 AM PST Today

MoS6-12-13_zps30738c0f.jpg

Big disparity between the 49 critics and the 81,641 fan expectations. :)

I wonder what the fan anticipation/expectations were for "The Phantom Menace" pre-release. hm

If I remember correctly, they were somewhat similar to what we are seeing here.

In the end, the numbers don't mean a lot.

Paid critics have their opinion and motivations. There is the average movie-goer who will rate it differently. And then there are the fans who fall into at least two categories: a) those who will enjoy anything related to Superman, b) those whose bar is so high that nothing can satisfy them.

I like the idea of consolidating threads.

I think we should bring threads like Ghost Rider lawsuit thread into this one as well.

With this new Superman movie coming out it's only a matter of time.

I mean, Gary Friedrich isn't the only one that deserves justice!!

1xvm4.jpg

I think we should bring threads like Ghost Rider lawsuit thread into this one as well.

1xvm4.jpg

Nietzsche's family to get mailbox money soon!

My buddy works for the Seattle Times and lovingly refers to them as failed journalists. Though he'd love to get the gig if he didn't have to take a pay cut.

it does seem like they're trying to fit as many multi syllabic adjectives as they can into a small space

1xvm4.jpg

Nietzsche's family to get mailbox money soon!

This is not the ubermensch you are looking for.

More footage... which I haven't seen posted yet but might have been since I haven't read every single thread.