• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man of Steel down to 66% on Rotten Tomatoes...

167 posts in this topic

How low will it go? :banana:

Rotten Tomatoes is not important,what is important is what BoxofficeMojo will report on Sunday.

Box office numbers by a mainstream audience is much more important then what failed actors or writers think about at Rotten Tomatoes. ;)

How low will it go? :banana:

Rotten Tomatoes is not important,what is important is what BoxofficeMojo will report on Sunday.

Box office numbers by a mainstream audience is much more important then what failed actors or writers think about at Rotten Tomatoes. ;)

Quite true - but even trash like the fast and furious abortions make tons of money...

I'm more curious to see how many people on the boards are rooting for it to fail vs. how many are rooting for it to do well.

Judging from the number of threads referring back to rotten tomatoes, I'd say more people want to see it fail.

I'm more curious to see how many people on the boards are rooting for it to fail vs. how many are rooting for it to do well.

Judging from the number of threads referring back to rotten tomatoes, I'd say more people want to see it fail.

I think the movie will do great at the box office. In terms of the online rating, however, personally I'm hoping it goes even lower, as it might mean that a few people stay home from the sold-out IMAX opening tomorrow night, meaning there's a chance I won't be stuffed in between obnoxious 300 pound fanboys who haven't bathed since Green Lantern came out.

As for the Rotten Tomatoes rating itself, I guess how much lower it goes depends upon how many other critics there are who waited until the initial wave of reviews came out to state "their" opinion.

As for the Rotten Tomatoes rating itself, I guess how much lower it goes depends upon how many other critics there are who waited until the initial wave of reviews came out to state "their" opinion.

The usual trend is that reviews from critics who are fans of the genre come out early and all the rest come out later. Superhero movie ratings tend to go down as more come in because the average film critic isn't much of a fan of them. I see it's currently at 65%, so that trend is currently holding, but who knows, there are still only 62 reviews in and probably another hundred or so to go. (shrug)

big marvel fan here, hope it's a huge hit---i pull for all the s'hero movies, regardless of publishing heritage.

big marvel fan here, hope it's a huge hit---i pull for all the s'hero movies, regardless of publishing heritage.

I'm there with you. I don't even like Superman but I've been fascinated with this movie ever since I saw the early teasers for it last summer.

My thing is why do we keep making threads about Rotten Tomatoes scores? I don't see how that's beneficial in any way except to draw attention to the movie in a negative fashion.

TDKR is 87% on Rotten Tomatoes and IM3 is at 78% - I think it's safe to say that critics on RT focus on the average movie-goer, and routinely miss the important issues comic fans are looking for in films.

(thumbs u