• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pacific Rim - where 250 foot robots become reality

101 posts in this topic

Thread needs a bump....as of today it's crossed the $400 million global box office mark.

It's now made more in China (where it's been the #1 flick for 4 straight weeks) than it did in the US.

The movie is getting the global love it deserved here in the states. Maybe they were too quick to move this one out of theaters here.

Let's get that sequel!!!

The film certainly prioritized foreign markets.

Thread needs a bump....as of today it's crossed the $400 million global box office mark.

It's now made more in China (where it's been the #1 flick for 4 straight weeks) than it did in the US.

The movie is getting the global love it deserved here in the states. Maybe they were too quick to move this one out of theaters here.

Let's get that sequel!!!

I really enjoyed the flick. It was a little naive in it's writing and delivery but I assume this is because it was written for the teenager crowd. I managed to overlook that and enjoy it. Made me feel like I was watching a Godzilla flick from it's heyday.

I'm surprised it's doing as well as it is though. I didn't expect it to hit blockbuster status.

Let's get that sequel!!!

The film certainly prioritized foreign markets.

I think the majority of big movies make more money outside of the US market than in it.

Let's get that sequel!!!

:applause:

$397,328,419 worldwide as of 8/26 and climbing.

Glad it's doing well. The article I read yesterday was celebrating it hitting $400 million. They must have been waiting for it. BO Mojo hasn't caught up yet.

I caught this on HBO a couple of months ago and was pleasantly surprised. I honestly had low expectations as it basically seemed to me nothing more than what the poster showed, Robots v Godzillas. I thought the set design and the special effects were were done in that I believed that these robot things actually existed and walked amongst the cities.

A sequel would be fun. I am not looking for Oscar material here, just for some fun.

I caught this on HBO a couple of months ago and was pleasantly surprised. I honestly had low expectations as it basically seemed to me nothing more than what the poster showed, Robots v Godzillas. I thought the set design and the special effects were were done in that I believed that these robot things actually existed and walked amongst the cities.

A sequel would be fun. I am not looking for Oscar material here, just for some fun.

+1

I had fun watching this. My expectations were exactly what this movie was...a modern day Godzilla-esque flick. Killer CG instead of a guy in a suit mashing up a miniature city playset. Would love to see a sequel...I hope they take it up a notch.

This is good news.

I thought it as okay the first time I watched it.

But then I watched it again. And again. And again (HBO). And now it's a pretty cool movie lol

I did the same thing. Then by the third time, I was hooked.

:ohnoez:

+1

I had fun watching this. My expectations were exactly what this movie was...a modern day Godzilla-esque flick. Killer CG instead of a guy in a suit mashing up a miniature city playset. Would love to see a sequel...I hope they take it up a notch.

Yeah, in a sequel we need not suffer through a story. Just jump into the suits and give me two solid hours of fighting monsters. :cloud9:

When I heard that they green lit Pacific Rim 2,I was like :whee:

It was an awesome popcorn flick.

We should thank China for this since they liked it better than America (damn you stupid Americans :facepalm: )

and Godzilla since it has made some serious money.

When I heard that they green lit Pacific Rim 2,I was like :whee:

It was an awesome popcorn flick.

We should thank China for this since they liked it better than America (damn you stupid Americans :facepalm: )

and Godzilla since it has made some serious money.
Forgot about that.

+1

Yeah, in a sequel we need not suffer through a story. Just jump into the suits and give me two solid hours of fighting monsters. :cloud9:

Characters like the marines in Aliens and a "theme" would suffice, if a story was jettisoned.

I still haven't watched the original yet, but I'm getting interested in seeing it now.