• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a hard rare book to get in 9.8?

32 posts in this topic

really, how many times do you notice books that folks list as rare, but you know they aint?

was lookin around the new mutants, for a second print of 87, found 3 on ebay, 2 of em said tough to find...what a laugh.

I don't care if there is only 2 copies of a perfect 10 graded hulk 181, if only 1 person wants this book, then the second copy is worthless unless the person wants 2 copies of it.

I have tons of 9.8's that only 1 copy is graded, but I must be the only person who wants them, cause im the only person getting em graded. so I guess that makes all them books "tough to get in 9.8" lol

I think you want to look for comics with 20 or more 9.6 w one or less 9.8

hey, I got a Darkhold #1 graded 9.6, and that's the only one ever graded, somebody should have to pay me, lets see, 800 bucks for it, its extremely rare!

:D

wish I could find that sucker!

BA Marvels are usually common as dirt but Avengers 103 and 105 are IMPOSSIBLE to find in 9.8. I haven't checked the census in awhile but I don't think there's a 9.8 of either of those books :frustrated:

Agree with Marino.

I think the key is to look for books that have decent demand (mainline 70s Marvels, ASM, Batman, etc.) but are weirdly impossible to find in true 9.8 relative to their surrounding issues (be it a printing defect, etc.).

For awhile, such under-the-radar books included ASM 301, Wolverine 35, and Harbinger 1.

Sure, they might only be $1 bin or $10 fodder in 9.2/9.4 but well-worth slabbing if you think you've got a true 9.8 on your hands.