• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

? on Sparkle City Comics Memorabilia Portfolio( 1970s)

16 posts in this topic

I've never had one before. The Outside folder states it contains Second Printings of four books ....

Plus Much More....

The set I received only has the four reprints. Does anyone know if there was anything else included in the set? The cover does say Plus Much More.

Maybe you should have asked these questions before you bought two of them?

I don't know. When an established member is offering an item, I really don't think to ask him if it complete or not. I'd think the onus is on him to list it as incomplete if it isn't all there.

I'm pretty sure that the one Metropolis is offering is from a few years ago, and was put together by Jay Maybruck when he was interviewed by Vinnie on the Comic Zone. What I think Shadroch has is from the late seventies, and all I remember the portfolio having is the reprints of the four comics, without the newsletters. Could be wrong though, it was a long time ago.

I honestly don't know. Its just the cover says Plus Much More.

If all that's missing is a few SC newsletters, it's not a big deal. It would have been nice to have them but it's not a deal breaker.

I'm pretty sure that the one Metropolis is offering is from a few years ago, and was put together by Jay Maybruck when he was interviewed by Vinnie on the Comic Zone. What I think Shadroch has is from the late seventies, and all I remember the portfolio having is the reprints of the four comics, without the newsletters. Could be wrong though, it was a long time ago.

That had to be the best Comic Zone interview!

Lots of great information in that interview.

Check this thread out - http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/11917/Sparkle-City-Comics-Portfolio

"Each portfolio will also contain a brief history of Sparkle City Comics outlining the formation of this industry-changing company. As a historic and collectible extra, each of the first 40 portfolios will contain an exclusive assortment of “behind-the-scenes” stories of significant comic book industry purchases and events and Sparkle City’s involvement. Some of these exclusive stories will be humorous, some will be revealing, and a few will deal with very personal material relating to Sparkle City’s founder, Jay Maybruck. These exclusive stories will be only available in these first 40 portfolios!

The first 100 of these portfolios will contain new printings of the first twelve issues of

The Investors Newsletter"

If all that's missing is a few SC newsletters, it's not a big deal. It would have been nice to have them but it's not a deal breaker.

That's all mine has: the 4 anti-commie reprints plus copies of the first 12 issues of the SC Investor Newsletter from 1978-1979. The Newsletters discuss the comic market, conventions, and other stuff from the hobby during that year.

That's all mine has: the 4 anti-commie reprints plus copies of the first 12 issues of the SC Investor Newsletter from 1978-1979. The Newsletters discuss the comic market, conventions, and other stuff from the hobby during that year.

what kind of information are in those newsletters? were there any recommendations on what books to buy or selling prices of key books?

Check this thread out - http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/11917/Sparkle-City-Comics-Portfolio

"Each portfolio will also contain a brief history of Sparkle City Comics outlining the formation of this industry-changing company. As a historic and collectible extra, each of the first 40 portfolios will contain an exclusive assortment of “behind-the-scenes” stories of significant comic book industry purchases and events and Sparkle City’s involvement. Some of these exclusive stories will be humorous, some will be revealing, and a few will deal with very personal material relating to Sparkle City’s founder, Jay Maybruck. These exclusive stories will be only available in these first 40 portfolios!

The first 100 of these portfolios will contain new printings of the first twelve issues of

The Investors Newsletter"

That is the key, only the first 100 had the Investors Newsletters and only the first 40 portfolios contained the exclusive assortment of "behind the scenes" info. The later printings of the portfolios did not.