• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FBP - Federal Bureau of Physics (previously Collider)

132 posts in this topic

For anybody still reading this book, and...well anybody else, looks like it's movie time...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/298145-vertigos-fbp-federal-bureau-of-physics-heads-to-the-big-screen

and add another to the list that'll never see the light of day

Or turn out like R.I.P.D.

RIPD is exactly what I thought of when I saw this news. Please, no.

Patrick

For anybody still reading this book, and...well anybody else, looks like it's movie time...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/298145-vertigos-fbp-federal-bureau-of-physics-heads-to-the-big-screen

Or turn out like R.I.P.D.

:eek:

The one thing it has going for it is the DC/WB connection.

DC should really worry about expanding their cinematic/hero universe with quality movies if it wants to compete with Marvel. However, with this, Sandman, and to a lesser extent, Constantine it seems like DC is pushing both Vertigo and main DC properties with hopes that something will stick. More power to DC if it works, but it has its work cut out for it.

I think that's actually the issue. They're so focused on developing capes movies that they're missing some of these. I think the best thing is that Goyer is behind it, and he's quickly becoming DC's comic go-to guy. My only fear is that if he can't make a YTLM development happen, there's no way this is getting green lit.

I think that's actually the issue. They're so focused on developing capes movies that they're missing some of these. I think the best thing is that Goyer is behind it, and he's quickly becoming DC's comic go-to guy. My only fear is that if he can't make a YTLM development happen, there's no way this is getting green lit.

Maybe. I could see the "buddy cop-scientist" thing working with some mindbending sci fi. Warner Bros may pick up because it's essentially a way less bleak Nolan movie. RIPD was DOA...sry. :facepalm:

Maybe. I could see the "buddy cop-scientist" thing working with some mindbending sci fi. Warner Bros may pick up because it's essentially a way less bleak Nolan movie. RIPD was DOA...sry. :facepalm:

The Goyer selection as producer will hopefully keep this far away from RIPD territory.

1C - with FBP logo. 3000 print run. VERY hard to find....

Does that mean the original "Collider" title logo has the highest print run of all the #1's?

Oh man, really, I was just at a shop and I passed on 5 copies that were in NM or better grade....shoot. Kicking my self in the *spoon*