• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread For Jamie Hughes (PsychoJ)

687 posts in this topic

A couple of books from me for this truly worthy cause. Jamie's contribution was a credit to this community and it's fantastic to see the community giving something back. As with previous threads of this nature, I'm always staggered at the generosity.

Good work everyone :applause:

Shipping on either of these is free within the EU or $15 to anywhere else.

Jungle Action #3 9.4 White Pages

:news: Price Drop

Asking $45 $35

JA_003a.jpg

JA_003b.jpg

Captain America Vol 4 #1 9.8 White Pages (Includes DF CoA)

Asking $45 :news: Sold to Admiralbram

Cap_V4_001a.jpg

Cap_V4_001b.jpg

I have books being donated which will be coming up later.

In the meantime I wanted to offer this.

Jamie's Benefit

There is no limit on how many people can sign up to this. First come first serve in terms of how quick you will get it. You will be added to a list and contacted when its your turn.

Cover Recreation of your choice, done as best as I can.

Price: $50 shipped anywhere in the world. All proceeds go to Jamie's family.

What you get?

A cover recreation done on Bristol paper.

I will also take my time in the finished product and will also include pre-liminary sketches done (this is one of the new techniques I am using) to bring the finished product together.

Example of work

FightComics2ne.jpg

PlanetComicsInked.jpg

Ok. Before I start, just a brief word about this listing and shipping;

The following items were donated not by me personally, but by Limited Edition Comix. It's an important distinction because once I had mentioned Jamie's situation to the guys at the shop, they all rallied around and during the final months of his life all got to know him via email, facebook etc. So this is from me, Rich, Wes and Zach.

With regards shipping; we want to see Carina and the boys getting as much money as possible out of this, so we will cover international shipping, just bare that in mind when looking at the prices. Here goes;

1. The Art of George Perez. Hardcover published by IDW/Desperado. nearly 300 pages of career spanning Perez goodness in a sumptious coffee table book. Oh, and best of all; this bad boy was signed by George himself at the 2013 LSCC. (I will provide a letter of authenticity). Asking Price $70 (unsigned rrp is fifty bucks).

2. Captain Britain: Birth of a Legend Hardcover. This includes; CB weekly 1-39, Super Spider Man 231-232. Plus lots of concept art, cover galleries etc. Still shrinkwrapped. Asking Price $40

3. Captain Britain: Seige of Camelot Hardcover. This includes; Super Spider Man 233-247, MTU 65&66, Hulk Comic 1,3-55, 57-63. (all those awesome Black Knight appearences!!) Plus similar extras to above. Still shrinkwrapped. Asking Price $40

4. Mixed Modern Store Variant Set. This incluses ALL of the following:

Age of Ultron 1 FP variant signed by Byan Hitch.

GotG (Guardians of the Galaxy) 1 Limited Edition Comix variant.

GotG 1 FP variant.

GotG 1 Third Eye variant.

GotG 1 Midtown Comics JSC variant.

GotG 1 Lone Star Comics variant.

Jupiter's Legacy 1 Midtown Comics JSC variant.

X Men 1 Limited Edition Comix variant. ( as this is a charity benefit cover a donation of £6 will be made to the Sick Children's Trust on behalf of the buyer).

X Men 1 Midtown Comics JSC variant.

Asking Price $60

Ok, that's it. I would just like to say in closing, that those of us who knew Jamie see this thread as the least we could do for a good friend. Those of you taking part, (either as a buyer or seller) who never knew Jamie but are just getting involved because you think it's the right thing to do are all AWESOME and make this place what it is. I never knew Nik, but his memory is kept alive here by those who did, I hope the same will happen with Jamie. Thank you all. (worship)

Ok. Before I start, just a brief word about this listing and shipping;

The following items were donated not by me personally, but by Limited Edition Comix. It's an important distinction because once I had mentioned Jamie's situation to the guys at the shop, they all rallied around and during the final months of his life all got to know him via email, facebook etc. So this is from me, Rich, Wes and Zach.

With regards shipping; we want to see Carina and the boys getting as much money as possible out of this, so we will cover international shipping, just bare that in mind when looking at the prices. Here goes;

1. The Art of George Perez. Hardcover published by IDW/Desperado. nearly 300 pages of career spanning Perez goodness in a sumptious coffee table book. Oh, and best of all; this bad boy was signed by George himself at the 2013 LSCC. (I will provide a letter of authenticity). Asking Price $70 (unsigned rrp is fifty bucks).

2. Captain Britain: Birth of a Legend Hardcover. This includes; CB weekly 1-39, Super Spider Man 231-232. Plus lots of concept art, cover galleries etc. Still shrinkwrapped. Asking Price $40

3. Captain Britain: Seige of Camelot Hardcover. This includes; Super Spider Man 233-247, MTU 65&66, Hulk Comic 1,3-55, 57-63. (all those awesome Black Knight appearences!!) Plus similar extras to above. Still shrinkwrapped. Asking Price $40

4. Mixed Modern Store Variant Set. This incluses ALL of the following:

Age of Ultron 1 FP variant signed by Byan Hitch.

GotG (Guardians of the Galaxy) 1 Limited Edition Comix variant.

GotG 1 FP variant.

GotG 1 Third Eye variant.

GotG 1 Midtown Comics JSC variant.

GotG 1 Lone Star Comics variant.

Jupiter's Legacy 1 Midtown Comics JSC variant.

X Men 1 Limited Edition Comix variant. ( as this is a charity benefit cover a donation of £6 will be made to the Sick Children's Trust on behalf of the buyer).

X Men 1 Midtown Comics JSC variant.

Asking Price $60

Ok, that's it. I would just like to say in closing, that those of us who knew Jamie see this thread as the least we could do for a good friend. Those of you taking part, (either as a buyer or seller) who never knew Jamie but are just getting involved because you think it's the right thing to do are all AWESOME and make this place what it is. I never knew Nik, but his memory is kept alive here by those who did, I hope the same will happen with Jamie. Thank you all. (worship)

:takeit: All of them please.

Jamie's Benefit

What you get?

I will also take my time in the finished product and will also include pre-liminary sketches done (this is one of the new techniques I am using) to bring the finished product together.

Example of work

FightComics2ne.jpg

PlanetComicsInked.jpg

As mentioned Chris :takeit:. Just not sure what cover I want yet hm

Sadly I didn't know Jamie personally, but I would be very happy if I can contribute something to help.

Free tracked shipping within the UK. US + elsewhere, please add $10 to go towards a tracked shipping service. Will be sent safe and protected.

The Walking Dead #1 Wizard World St. Louis CGC 9.8 SOLD :news:

scan-54.jpg

Feel free to PM if you have any questions :foryou: -- Paul.

Jamie's Benefit

There is no limit on how many people can sign up to this. First come first serve in terms of how quick you will get it. You will be added to a list and contacted when its your turn.

What you get?

Example of work

FightComics2ne.jpg

PlanetComicsInked.jpg

I just wanted to add:

Jamie's Benefit

What you get?

Example of work

FightComics2ne.jpg

PlanetComicsInked.jpg

I just wanted to add:

I didn't know James, but he sounds like a good man. My heart aches for his family... Sign me up for this. :takeit:

Wow this is awesome guys, you are all so wonderful.

I have just spoken Carina and she is lost for words but gives most heart-felt thanks and is already asking how she show her appreciation.

Anyway I believe all invoices have been sent to date by either skypinkblu, Bane or myself. If anybody has been missed then please shout.

You are all amazing (worship)