• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread For Jamie Hughes (PsychoJ)

687 posts in this topic

For those of you who might have missed the details, please check out...

... here...

...and...

...here.

At long last, we are ready to go with the official charity thread for Jamie's widow and young children. Please play whatever part you are comfortable with but more than anything, enjoy yourselves. It's what Jamie would have done. (thumbs u

Please read the following before taking part...

(1) After much debate, for various reasons we are not going to run auction-style listings, so it it up to the donor to list their items for sale in this thread.

(2) As previously mentioned, we know that usual practice in these circumstances is for the donor to cover shipping costs. However, because we anticipate quite a bit of cross-Atlantic business, we are fine with shipping restrictions being clearly stated, or perhaps split cost arrangements for overseas trade. Bottom line, do what you feel comfortable doing but make sure you state your position - and if possible, actual costs - along with the item. (thumbs u

(3) Once an item has sold, an invoice PM will be sent from one of the organisers to both seller and buyer. That PM thread will also be used to confirm cleared receipt of payment. It will then fall upon the shoulders of the donor to shop the item out and mark the item as sold in the thread.

(4) Any questions should be directed to either myself, Chris (Bane) or Gary, (gaz2810i).

So there we have it...post away and have some fun! (thumbs u

Here we go I would like to Donate an ASM #692 Fan Expo Canada Variant CGC 9.8

I would like $180 donated to Carina. SOLD

I will ship anywhere in the world,

Free within EU

$15 to be paid towards shipping to anywhere else.

ASM692_zpsfc2e3385.jpg

How about and Art of Chew CGC 9.8 SS Layman and Guillory

I would like $70 donated to Carina. Sold

Free within EU

ArtofChew_zpsce7f89fd.jpg

How about a Walking Dead #99 2nd Print CGC 9.8 S

I would like $40 donated to Carina.

Free within EU

WalkingDead992ndPrint_zps8ab07a55.jpg

Jamie was an AMAZING boardie and person, just AMAZING! We are all worse off without him for sure and hopefully this auction will help his family a tiny bit with his passing although knowing him just a little i did, no amount of money could make up for their loss! :sorry:

Oh, and i'll include shipping anywhere (thumbs u

Swamp Thing 6 9.2 ow/w $50. SOLD

swth6.jpg

Swamp Thing 7 9.2 ow/w $60. SOLD

swth7.jpg

Star Wars 1 9.4w $150. SOLD

starwars1-007.jpg

Avengers 27 9.4w $250. SOLD

av27.jpg

Avengers 72 9.4w $150. SOLD

ave72.jpg

Avengers 115 9.6ow/w $175

avengers115.jpg

Avengers Annual 5 9.6ow/w $175

av5.jpg

I talked to Jamie a bit when he first joined the boards after he bought a couple of books from me. Even pointed him your way Nick given you are the strictest grader I know and he was worried about not being able to grade himself all that well and having to only buy CGC books. He also wanted his kids to have the books after he passed as a way of remembering him since he really enjoyed them and as a sort of savings account.

Great guy, had a real passion for the hobby. So sad to hear he is gone :(

:takeit: the ASM 30 and 42 Beyonder donated.

Nick - if his kids read comics (not sure how old they are), send them the Spidey's. If they do not, resell them to someone else in the thread please.

Jamie was an AMAZING boardie and person, just AMAZING! We are all worse off without him for sure and hopefully this auction will help his family a tiny bit with his passing although knowing him just a little i did, no amount of money could make up for their loss! :sorry:

Oh, and i'll include shipping anywhere (thumbs u

Swamp Thing 6 9.2 ow/w $50

swth6.jpg

Swamp Thing 7 9.2 ow/w 60

swth7.jpg

Star Wars 1 9.4w $150

starwars1-007.jpg

Avengers 27 9.4w $250

av27.jpg

Avengers 72 9.4w $150

ave72.jpg

Avengers 115 9.6ow/w $175

avengers115.jpg

Avengers Annual 5 9.6ow/w $175

av5.jpg

:applause: KUDOS!

I talked to Jamie a bit when he first joined the boards after he bought a couple of books from me. Even pointed him your way Nick given you are the strictest grader I know and he was worried about not being able to grade himself all that well and having to only buy CGC books. He also wanted his kids to have the books after he passed as a way of remembering him since he really enjoyed them and as a sort of savings account.

Great guy, had a real passion for the hobby. So sad to hear he is gone :(

:takeit: the ASM 30 and 42 Beyonder donated.

Nick - if his kids read comics (not sure how old they are), send them the Spidey's. If they do not, resell them to someone else in the thread please.

:o

Chris, the #31 has gone, so I'll keep the #42 open for offers (I think his boys are a bit too young for the books right now)

And thanks a lot, mate! (thumbs u