• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has there ever been a rise and fall so quickly? (Sixth Gun)

96 posts in this topic

I was looking through the for sale section and saw a full run of Sixth Gun going for about $125. Those were selling for almost ten times that a few months ago.

The rise of The Sixth Gun was meteoric, and it went through complete free fall after the series was canned by NBC.

Has any other series experienced this kind of roller coaster? I was going to ask in Modern, but I am curious about all ages.

I'm amazed it hasn't hurt the Speculators. I thought for sure the East of West RRP would be slow to catch on as a result. That book took off out the gate though.

Personally, I think people are going to eat it on that too. Books seems good, but I don't see it having the success of a WD or even Saga.

I'm amazed it hasn't hurt the Speculators. I thought for sure the East of West RRP would be slow to catch on as a result. That book took off out the gate though.

Personally, I think people are going to eat it on that too. Books seems good, but I don't see it having the success of a WD or even Saga.

Almost all the new image titles have been hit hard lately. Saga, NWM, revival, and the like.

ToT and Manhattan projects haven't been hit too hard it seems.

Almost all pre unity Valiant comics,

I paid 100 bucks for a magnus 12 in the 90's, now I can get a 9.8 for about that same price.

Harbinger 1 9.8 was selling about 1000 bucks last year, now its half of that.

Valiant has made a comeback, due to books that were mostly great stories, but it nosedived for a lot of years.

I was looking through the for sale section and saw a full run of Sixth Gun going for about $125. Those were selling for almost ten times that a few months ago.

The rise of The Sixth Gun was meteoric, and it went through complete free fall after the series was canned by NBC.

Has any other series experienced this kind of roller coaster? I was going to ask in Modern, but I am curious about all ages.

\

Weren't most of the books in that lot VF/NM or less with several F/VF's thrown in?

Most moderns can't be given away in less than 9.2.

\

Weren't most of the books in that lot VF/NM or less with several F/VF's thrown in?

yes, but #1 9.8's went from $900 to $225 and FCBD #'1's went from $500 to $125. it was a 75% collapse right across the board.

\

yes, but #1 9.8's went from $900 to $225 and FCBD #'1's went from $500 to $125. it was a 75% collapse right across the board.

No doubt about that, but this particular set is a more of a reader lot.

I wonder if the walking dead will be on this path soon? hm

A lot of WD value/interest predates the TV show. WD #1 for example took a few years to crack $100, then 5 more to hit $500, so there's some basis for price/value beyond the TV show.

It's seen a spike since the TV show for sure, and that's going to correct and decline afterwards to some degree. It's just not a similar price arc.

I turned my nose up at the Ultimate Marvel stuff when it came out....finally tried Ultimate Spider-man in the mid-twenties & liked it. :cloud9:

I'm pretty sure I bought all the earlier issues of my Ultimate Spider-man run when it was at it's highest price point. That one rose & stayed for a bit but then dropped quickly, there's probably only a few books in the run worth more than a buck or two.

:acclaim:

Walking Dead has history, and it's a part of the culture. I don't see Walking Dead ever "bottoming out" as many seem to hope it will.

Kirkman stops writing it, and it will be a goner

Walking Dead has history, and it's a part of the culture. I don't see Walking Dead ever "bottoming out" as many seem to hope it will.

Kirkman stops writing it, and it will be a goner

Someone else could start drawing it and it would pick up more readers.

I can't even begin to say how much I hate Adlard's art. You'd think after almost 100 issues it would have gotten better.

for the sixth gun, a lot of it was the sellers. Even when it was really getting hot there were very few listings at any given time for the first 15 or so issues. When the pilot didn't get picked up sellers just flooded ebay with auctions, buyers had no reason to compete with each other, and let the prices fall across the board. And those copies of #1 that were selling for 8 or 9 hundred dollars were outliers.