• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Adds Another Film

41 posts in this topic

Heard from my local store that Ms Marvel has been green lighted. Not sure if true or not but he had 0 Ms Marvels in stock

Black Panther

Dr Strange

Those 3 in revers order

I'm really hoping Ms. Marvel gets some tread. That could be Marvel's Wonder Woman-type franchise if they do it right (sorry, Black Widow just seems so one-dimensional and not nearly a strong enough presence as Carol Danvers).

Ms Marvel makes a good replacement for Thor in the Avengers team too. I don't think we'll see many Marvel movies go the trilogy route like Iron Man but I do think we'll see a continued rotation of the Marvel universe appearing in team-up films like the Avengers.

I am hoping that Marvel changed their stance and we will finally get a good Hulk movie (with Mark Ruffalo). :wishluck::grin:

That's one of the things that they are debating right now. No matter who you get it is very hard to do a stand alone Hulk movie. I thought both attempts have been good/ok but I'm not sure there's enough there to get a compelling story from. You'd actually have to make most of the movie about Banner to make it interesting. All the Hulk does is smash. Now, if something along the lines of the Peter David Hulk was attempted there'd be more promise.....

Marvel announced they're adding another film on July 6, 2016. Anyone want to speculate what the three new movies will be?

Thor: The Dark World on November 8

Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1, 2014

The Avengers 2 on May 1, 2015 (end of Phase Two)

Ant-Man on November 6, 2015 (beginning of Phase Three)

Untitled on May 6, 2016

Untitled on July 6, 2016

Untitled on May 5 2017

http://www.slashfilm.com/second-untitled-marvel-movie-set-for-2016-plus-live-action-cinderella-out-march-2015/

It's Black Panther and Doctor Strange for 2016. The 2017 is probably going to be the GOTG sequel.

Seriously, any May movie from Marvel is going to be what they consider their biggest hitter.

Avengers opened on the first May weekend. Iron Man 3 did likewise. Both exceeded $1 Billion worldwide.

Avengers 1, May 4, 2012

Iron Man 3, May 3, 2013

The Wolverine, July 26, 2013, (Not a big movie)

Thor 2, November 8, 2013 (Not a big movie)

Captain America 2, April 2014 (Not a big movie)

Amazing Spider-man 2, May 2, 2014

(X-men: Days of Future Past) May 23, 2014 (Not a big movie)

Guardians of the Galaxy, August 1, 2014 (Not a big movie)

Fantastic Four Reboot, March 6, 2015 (Not a big movie)

Avengers 2, May 1, 2015

Ant-Man, November 6, 2015 (Not a big movie)

THOR 3?, May 6, 2016

Amazing Spider-man 3, June 10, 2016

Dr. Strange?, Jul 8, 2016

Avengers 3, May 4, 2017

Amazing Spider-man 4, May 4, 2018

Dr. Strange looks like a firm movie release... but it's not a tent-pole movie. I would think it would be Guardians of the Galaxy 2 if the first movie does well. (Doubtful without any A-List characters.)

Seriously, any May movie from Marvel is going to be what they consider their biggest hitter.

Avengers opened on the first May weekend. Iron Man 3 did likewise. Both exceeded $1 Billion worldwide.

Avengers 1, May 4, 2012

Iron Man 3, May 3, 2013

The Wolverine, July 26, 2013, (Not a big movie)

Thor 2, November 8, 2013 (Not a big movie)

Captain America 2, April 2014 (Not a big movie)

Amazing Spider-man 2, May 2, 2014

(X-men: Days of Future Past) May 23, 2014 (Not a big movie)

Guardians of the Galaxy, August 1, 2014 (Not a big movie)

Avengers 2, May 1, 2015

Ant-Man, November 6, 2015 (Not a big movie)

THOR 3, May 6, 2016

Amazing Spider-man 3, June 10, 2016

Dr. Strange?, Jul 8, 2016

Avengers 3, May 4, 2017

Amazing Spider-man 4, May 4, 2018

Dr. Strange looks like a firm movie release... but it's not a tent-pole movie. I would think it would be Guardians of the Galaxy 2 if the first movie does well. (Doubtful without any A-List characters.)

So Thor 3 is a big hitter but Thor 2 isn't and Spider-man 2 is the big hitter but Spider-man 3 isn't? I don't get that logic at all. I would consider any movie that does over $500 million worldwide a big hit but it is clear Iron Man is their main attraction.

Thor 3 isn't penciled in for May 6, 2016. That's speculation actually.

(I put it in CAPS but forgot the ?)

The only sure thing is that CA2 and THOR2 lead into Guardians of the Galaxy which then leads into Avenger 2.

If they all flop, of course, then everything is off the table beyond that. (It's highly doubtful that Avengers2 will flop, however.)

Note that the Hunger Games sequel debuts right after Thor 2 I think.

The thinking with THOR 3 is that Iron Man 3 benefited from the Avengers movie as it was the first solo movie to come after. So since there will be no Iron Man 4, it might be Thor 3... or even a solo HULK movie. (Planet Hulk?)