• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! would you buy this?

16 posts in this topic

Its $5..... or are you assuming everyone will think its already slabbed.

TBH - I have no idea what the problem is here?

I don't understand where I'm supposed to be directing my exasperation.

:o

hm

(shrug)

Read the text in the listing.

This is a CGC 9.8 copy of Sub Mariner the initiative part 1 of 6. I Brand mint condition new..no reserve .. enjoy..

But it is $5. So ...

(shrug)

This is a CGC 9.8 copy of Sub Mariner the initiative part 1 of 6. I Brand mint condition new..no reserve .. enjoy..

to me that infers that this is a graded 9.8 copy, from a seller with 0 feedback.

a member since March, that all of a sudden has put up 25 different items for sale.

maybe legit, maybe not, but for a novice collector that thinks they gonna pick up a slabbed 9.8 for 5 bucks plus 2.99 shipping, they gonna be disappointed.

This is just another Ebay search engine play to attract attention.

There was a book that sold last night listed as "CGC 9.6, but looks CGC 9.8". All it was missing was "CGC it!".

doh!

Ive come very close myself to buying books like that, thinking they were graded when I first saw the listing.

rackin frakin blanket spoons

I think its time that CGC steps up and starts protecting its brand.

Coke spends a fortune making sure that people serve coke, not a generic cola when they order a coke. So do most other dominant brands. Time for CGC to do so.

Can you picture someone selling a pair of cheap jeans on ebay and calling them Levi's?

I think the question here is whether this is fraud in the inducement. It says "CGC 9.8" but the photograph just shows an unslabbed book and 5 copies thereof are available. Presumably the book is raw/unslabbed.

Coke spends a fortune making sure that people serve coke, not a generic cola when they order a coke. So do most other dominant brands. Time for CGC to do so.

Can you picture someone selling a pair of cheap jeans on ebay and calling them Levi's?

You should start a thread with this very topic

You should start a thread with this very topic

I agree. People play fast and loose with the CGC term, I would love to see them flex a little bit and reigning things in. I mean, everyone here pays a premium to purchase a CGC graded comic, I would imagine that the perserverence of that premium requires the company to protect it's image.