• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 1 Club
2 2

481 posts in this topic

I think he's planning on kidnapping one of the Stones and using the ransom proceeds to acquire a Sup 1. Am I close?
let's consult an Overstreet advisor on that one lol

Can't throw a rock without hitting one around here lol

It's not finished, yet, but Kenny did an awesome job leafcasting it and I am very excited about the progress :whee:

571a4228-3aab-4bb3-bda2-991e5cf0defe_zps489d8ed7.jpg

I love how pieces of the book that were not attached at all, can be put back in the right place during the casting process -- like that red spine/back cover piece to the left of the S!

It's not finished, yet, but Kenny did an awesome job leafcasting it and I am very excited about the progress :whee:

I love how pieces of the book that were not attached at all, can be put back in the right place during the casting process -- like that red spine/back cover piece to the left of the S!

No piece was actually separated from the cover, but there was quite a bit of paper loss here and there. During the leafcasting process that missing tissue was added and made everything even. Kenny is a genius!

No piece was actually separated from the cover, but there was quite a bit of paper loss here and there. During the leafcasting process that missing tissue was added and made everything even. Kenny is a genius!

I see what you're saying, if you look close you can see where that piece is attached, but I believe I once read somewhere than Kenny said if a piece does come off, or if he has an original piece that is big enough or has some salvageable value he can place it during the process. Agreed on the genius comment! A true ArtEEst!

I like the cover now as is, before any painting, as an abstractish piece of art! The red and yellow pages interlocking graphically, plus the artsy ripped edges here and there?

but as a unfinished comicbook cover? not so much.

spur of the moment thing, I decided to pick up this from the Lake collection just unveiled at the Portland Comic Con. I got there just going to look for others, but I saw how nice the colors were on this book and I thought this is best looking .5 book I could ever find, it looks 2-3.0 and who cares if the back cover is missing? Plus I hear these are hard to find, you have to jump on opportunities or forever regret them, so I thought I should lock this up for the grandchildren!

I cant wait to crack it and read it! Looks like this book cant be hurt!

Image381_zpsdbdab82a.jpg

spur of the moment thing, I decided to pick up this from the Lake collection just unveiled at the Portland Comic Con. I got there just going to look for others, but I saw how nice the colors were on this book and I thought this is best looking .5 book I could ever find, it looks 2-3.0 and who cares if the back cover is missing? Plus I hear these are hard to find, you have to jump on opportunities or forever regret them, so I thought I should lock this up for the grandchildren!

I cant wait to crack it and read it! Looks like this book cant be hurt!

Image381_zpsdbdab82a.jpg

Outstanding!! Congrats on a fantastic comic book (worship)