• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales to Astonish 13/ PLANET X

239 posts in this topic

I think the book may hold its steam. People seem real hot for the next popular hero first appearance. Not that this character has been built up anyway. But movie hype is pretty strong. The only thing this book does have going for it....if a lot of people wanna get copies of it.....I am not sure if supply can meet demand. It's not an easy book to find. So I think the book can be a longer term popular comic because of that. Who knows...maybe the movie is half way good and he gets his own comic. (shrug)

MY BRANCHES ARE SMOKING, SOMEONE MUST BE TALKING ABOUT ME!!!!!

tta13_zps75a6b242.jpg

lol I was debating outing you as the owner of the 8.5! lol thanks for taking away the temptation ;)

lol No sweat! Nice to see one of our beloved preheros making a splash. :cloud9:

Its a good book at $100 for a VG/Gd but beyond that its crazy. There a VG one on Ebay right now thats at about $400 with a day to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TALES-TO-ASTONISH-13-1ST-APP-GROOT-Rare-GAURDIANd-OF-THE-GALAXY-/321148615455?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ac5f2fb1f

Sure isn't a VG+. Maybe a VG-. But, my goodness--$400?? Movie hype madness!

Groot is only the 2nd best monster from Planet X, btw!

4811-2007-5236-1-tales-of-suspense_super.jpg

Planet X was a very popular place! (Can't say I'm sad to post this one again.) I wonder how many early Marvel stories took place there!

RAD137872013612_152159.jpg

Please note that Goom is eating Groot's children.

Ok someone has to be thick.

I nominate myself...Groot is supposed to be in which movie?

Groot has been used by Marvel as a member of the new team of the Guardians of the Galaxy: him, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Star Lord and someone other I think…

Not that it makes much sense, if you ask me, but also the Raccoon has been turned into a sort of sanguinary warmonger… :P

The first Marvel character with some Planet X relevance was Kurrgo, but then they fine-tuned that by asying "X" was short for Xanth.

Grooth is a genuine Planet X monarch, though! (thumbs u

Groot has been used by Marvel as a member of the new team of the Guardians of the Galaxy: him, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Star Lord and someone other I think…

Not that it makes much sense, if you ask me, but also the Raccoon has been turned into a sort of sanguinary warmonger… :P

That someone else would be Drax.

That someone else would be Drax.

Right! :D

And I am a big Warlock fan, but I really can’t stand most of the stuff Marvel has been doing for 15+ years now…

Well, in fact I have yet to read a 2000s Guardians of the Galaxy, but most of the rest… :sick: