• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance of Doomsday??

262 posts in this topic

Funny, People on this board think the comic market begins and ends with this board.
It was a joke, idiott. Go crawl back under your rock, or please tell us again what great books you have for sale... again.

You know I find it funny.... a few months ago MoS #18 would have been selling for less than $50. There were alot of them, now I just checked ebay and hold and behold there's one thats selling for more than $200 (MORE THAN $200) That is just insane..... Oh the power that this message board has.......

:winnah:

We are the Copper Mafia. We set the trends. Decide the prices. Bow before your masters, lurker scum. :)

I think the STL board has copyrighted that "Mafia" term. Just sayin lol

Oh yeah. Sorry, Roger.

Funny, People on this board think the comic market begins and ends with this board.
It was a joke, idiott. Go crawl back under your rock, or please tell us again what great books you have for sale... again.

Hey, I got some really great books for sale... BTW, How much for the ASM 300 9.9?

Hey, I got some really great books for sale... BTW, How much for the ASM 300 9.9?

I sold it for 5K. What's your point?

EDIT: Haven't had to use the ignore button in ten years. No time like the present!

So I was opening a package this morning of some comics I ordered a few weeks back. I saw the seller had a MoS 18 for sale so I bought it as well as I cant pass them up. What I got in the mail is below. Words just cant describe the feeling. I almost fell out of my chair as I have been looking for years.

Kneel before Zod. Cue the music.

mos185th.jpg

:applause: Nice! A 9.8 5th print was recently listed on eBay, the "Buy It Now" price was $175, it did not last long. I was tempted, and even wonder if I should have went for it, but it's the holidays, and I have enough books. Congratulations on the score, the books looks really nice.

So I was opening a package this morning of some comics I ordered a few weeks back. I saw the seller had a MoS 18 for sale so I bought it as well as I cant pass them up. What I got in the mail is below. Words just cant describe the feeling. I almost fell out of my chair as I have been looking for years.

mos185th.jpg

:applause: Nice! A 9.8 5th print was recently listed on eBay, the "Buy It Now" price was $175, it did not last long. I was tempted, and even wonder if I should have went for it, but it's the holidays, and I have enough books. Congratulations on the score, the books looks really nice.

$175!? :facepalm: Can't believe I missed that one. Someone scored on that.

mos185th.jpg

That is just the best. For a long, long time you will look at that book and remember the feeling you got when you first opened the package....and it will make you :grin:

every time.

Congrats !

mos185th.jpg

That is just the best. For a long, long time you will look at that book and remember the feeling you got when you first opened the package....and it will make you :grin:

every time.

Congrats !

Yeah, that's great feeling that doesn't happen too often. Congrats. :applause:

mos185th.jpg

Interesting! I thought I had seen a Roman numeral V on a cover before.

J6QGBZ6l.jpg

I forgot I had this.

:cloud9:

Doomsday's first appearance reminds me a bit of Venom's first appearance from #298.

:shy:

2r5yzkn.jpg

The rule of thumb is three hand appearances to qualify as an official appearance.

rzXJzUf.jpg

:cloud9:

These qualify!

(:

lol Exactly. That's why Web of Spider-Man #18 doesn't count. :P

It's crazy how well these books are selling 9.8s 120-160$ , was just at a show last week 10 copies of mos18 all nm/mt 50 bucks. But I was wrong about BA12 so we shall see
There's way more potential 9.8's then there are BA12's. Maybe the 2nd-5th prints. Those are already fetching good coin.

It's crazy how well these books are selling 9.8s 120-160$ , was just at a show last week 10 copies of mos18 all nm/mt 50 bucks. But I was wrong about BA12 so we shall see
There's way more potential 9.8's then there are BA12's. Maybe the 2nd-5th prints. Those are already fetching good coin.

Are they now?

hm

The Death of Superman run was very short (December 1992 to January 1993), but some fun issues.

- Superman: Man of Steel 17 (Here Be Monsters), Doomsday prequel page #1, November, 1992 (A: 9/1992)

- Action Comics Vol 1 683 (The Trail of the Jackal), Doomsday prequel page #2, November, 1992 (A; 9/1992)

- Superman Vol 2 73 (Time Ryders), Doomsday prequel page #3, November, 1992 (A: 9/1992)

- Adventures of Superman Vol 1 496 (Truth and Consequences), Doomsday prequel page #4, November, 1992 (A: 9/1992)

- Superman: Man of Steel 18 (Doomsday! Part One), 1st full Doomsday, December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Justice League America Vol 1 69 (Down for the Count), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Superman Vol 2 74 (Countdown To Doomsday!), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Adventures of Superman Vol 1 497 (Under Fire), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Action Comics Vol 1 684 (... Doomsday is Near!), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Superman: Man of Steel Vol 1 19 (Doomsday Is Here!), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Superman Vol 2 75 (Doomsday!), January, 1993 (A: 11/18/1992)

Good times!

:bump:

Someone was asking about Doomsday's appearances leading up to his 1st full appearance.