• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance of Doomsday??

262 posts in this topic

Yes, yes I am.

oh ok you got me all excited i thought you meant Superman 73 (1952)

i was freaking out when you were saying a 9.8

false alarm

I have the Upper Swaziland version. No one has even heard of that one. Interested?

no i already have that (thumbs u lol

MoS 17 had a second print. I've been trying to locate a copy but haven't found any for sale. Does anyone know how rare the MoS 17 second print is and how much they usually go for?

Rare? Very

supermanmanofsteel2ndprint17-f-sm.jpg

(bag scan, excuse the waviness due to laziness)

The later printings of DC books from that time period seem to be a lot harder to find than Marvel books are. See Supergirl 1 3rd print.

:whistle:

Paid $1 for it last month at a LCS.

09fe00fa-dbe1-4484-a567-27d1d63b6ba8_zps430b112d.jpg

Really ?....I found it digging through the dollar fodder and I knew it was a great find. If it was higher grade, I would slab it...But I'm not complaining.

I love a happy story like this. :applause:

Did you put your arms up and the air and say "YESSSSSS", because I did that once when I found a 35 cent variant.

Really ?....I found it digging through the dollar fodder and I knew it was a great find. If it was higher grade, I would slab it...But I'm not complaining.
That's how a lot of gems are still found. Some of my hardest to find books came from dumpster diving. I have only one, and it's a 9.0 at best. RMA could tell you how hard to find the super girl is.

BTW, I love that frigging cover. I am lamenting likely ignoring it for years in dollar boxes because I figured anything having to do with Death of Superman was just overprinted drek. I wasn't thinking strategically.

You know I find it funny.... a few months ago MoS #18 would have been selling for less than $50. There were alot of them, now I just checked ebay and hold and behold there's one thats selling for more than $200 (MORE THAN $200) That is just insane..... Oh the power that this message board has.......

:winnah:

We are the Copper Mafia. We set the trends. Decide the prices. Bow before your masters, lurker scum. :)

You know I find it funny.... a few months ago MoS #18 would have been selling for less than $50. There were alot of them, now I just checked ebay and hold and behold there's one thats selling for more than $200 (MORE THAN $200) That is just insane..... Oh the power that this message board has.......

:winnah:

We are the Copper Mafia. We set the trends. Decide the prices. Bow before your masters, lurker scum. :)

I think the STL board has copyrighted that "Mafia" term. Just sayin lol

So I was opening a package this morning of some comics I ordered a few weeks back. I saw the seller had a MoS 18 for sale so I bought it as well as I cant pass them up. What I got in the mail is below. Words just cant describe the feeling. I almost fell out of my chair as I have been looking for years.

Kneel before Zod. Cue the music.

mos185th.jpg