• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #5 THREAD - LONG LIVE DOCTOR DOOM!!

104 posts in this topic

Oh, I suppose there is a "fantastic four collecting thread" where all issues are "appreciated" but I can't imagine anyone would have a problem with a specific thread for #5 on its own.

Funny, This weekend I was thinking of starting a FF#5 or SA Doc Doom thread, but didnt have pics ready. Also, didnt want to make it a "club", although it could still spot light and encompass key apps such as FF#5, FF#6, FF#16, even ASM#5.

I am re-reading my FF run and am in the Byrne era, which has some great Doom stories. All the while, was talking w a buddy about Vader being one of the great literary villains, but that prompted me to consider how much influence DocDoom could have directly or unconsciously had on Lucas when he was creating his characters.

So Beige, I am all for it!

Cheers

That is so cool! I love that the artwork stays the same but the colors of Dr. doom are all different. Gold is actually pretty cool - not so sure about purple. He's very angry and very flamboyant!

I can't adjust sizes too well on scans - but this is mine!

An 8.0 bought from Adam this year.

I'm totally stoked!

139096.jpg.387537c503eee5b4238cfcddda56b33a.jpg

Funny, This weekend I was thinking of starting a FF#5 or SA Doc Doom thread, but didnt have pics ready. Also, didnt want to make it a "club", although it could still spot light and encompass key apps such as FF#5, FF#6, FF#16, even ASM#5.

I am re-reading my FF run and am in the Byrne era, which has some great Doom stories. All the while, was talking w a buddy about Vader being one of the great literary villains, but that prompted me to consider how much influence DocDoom could have directly or unconsciously had on Lucas when he was creating his characters.

So Beige, I am all for it!

Cheers

Doom most definitely had some sort of influence on Lucas for the Vader inspiration.

FF5-1.jpg

Beige's is incredible!!! (worship)

I like the foreign copies too. "Dr. Destino". :applause:

The one I posted has been slabbed (it's a 4.0). My favorite book.

white pages too I'd guess?

everybody so far has posted W or OWW hm

Mine's a white pager.

Thanks for the kind words however - I KNOW there are waaaay better than mine out there, so lets see them!

Hey all --

Great stuff here...as always! Love the foreign variants and the pages from inside the book...

Here's my copy:

FF5_zps5bbbb7b4.jpg

Thanks for the thread!

Dan