• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

http://www.thehouseofcomics.com "SCAMMER" thread

515 posts in this topic

Yeah, we talked about that when it happened. A horrible thing to happen despite being scammers.

Agreed.

Before all the horribleness was revealed, I actually bought three books from them (in person, of course).

Thomas was as creepy in person as he's portrayed online. And I honestly felt bad for the kids. The van they all were in left much to be desired.

Truly a bad situation.

You did? :o Wow, I did not know that.

No one knew it. Pretty much right after our transaction, the mess hit the fan regarding their website and the scamming that ensued.

I actually first contacted him via Craigslist b/c he had a few books that looked interesting. They drove down to Columbia and we met in a parking lot on a Sunday afternoon. I took a fellow collector/friend (just in case) and we met up. I actually scoped them out before I even approached them (the whole family came). Like I said, it was a very sad situation for the kids.

Anyways, I picked up a ST 110 (maybe 2.5/3.0) and two copies of XM 266. There was a nice copy of TOS 50 but I noticed it had a page cut out. I don't know if he was aware or not...but anyways, I think I paid $225 or $250 for the books. Sold the ST 110 here on the boards and had the two XM 266 graded.

One came back a 9.2 :screwy: and the other 9.6. Overall the transaction was fine and he was nice enough in person.

Never knew what was going to happen....I truly feel for the kids.

Here you go......

Plea Deal

I vote keeping this alive, a bump a year, 15 times. She's right. She gets life, he gets 15. Not fair.

wow - shocking read! so let me get this straight there is a poster with the handle house of comics on this board that is a different person or is it the same guy?

Here you go......

Plea Deal

I vote keeping this alive, a bump a year, 15 times. She's right. She gets life, he gets 15. Not fair.

wow - shocking read! so let me get this straight there is a poster with the handle house of comics on this board that is a different person or is it the same guy?

There's a difference. One is House of Comics, and another is THE House of Comics.

Here you go......

Plea Deal

There's a difference. One is House of Comics, and another is THE House of Comics.

They are not even remotely the same. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here you go......

Plea Deal

They are not even remotely the same. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ok got it - thanks- (thumbs u

Not sure if it'll transfer over, but here's a link to his current "status":

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=0569738&searchLastName=neeley&searchFirstName=thomas&listurl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

It's crazy - the thread was started just a few months before he almost killed his wife.

You haven't seen crazy till you see some dude at 10PM with circles of bags of lays potato chips laid out all the way down the block as a obstacle course he rides his bike through.

Here you go......

Plea Deal

I tend to agree with you but a few others seem to think it should never be spoken of again.

You haven't seen crazy till you see some dude at 10PM with circles of bags of lays potato chips laid out all the way down the block as a obstacle course he rides his bike through.

How many times have I told you Kav...it is foreplay for my girlfriend...now quit spying on us!!!