• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'The Star Wars' adaptation from Dark Horse

19 posts in this topic

If this has been posted here already, I don't care. I'm a huge fan of the original concept drawings for the film and am pretty excited to see the original screenplay translate to an eight issue series. :headbang:

If this has been posted here already, I don't care. I'm a huge fan of the original concept drawings for the film and am pretty excited to see the original screenplay translate to an eight issue series. :headbang:

Are you referring to the current 2012/2013 series taking place during the time of the first trilogy, or is there another series being launched? hm

The three covers are strange to me, because they are all VERY similar.

However, I am really looking forward to trying out this title. I love the ongoing by Wood, and hope this is of the same caliber.

The three covers are strange to me, because they are all VERY similar.

However, I am really looking forward to trying out this title. I love the ongoing by Wood, and hope this is of the same caliber.

I agree, the variation is negligible. The characters also appear to be drawn based not on the movie (as the current Wood series).

Yes, the series is based off the original screenplay where Han was a green alien, Luke was a weathered jedi already, and Starkiller was the main protaganist. The subsequent films would have obviously been the much edited and re-worked version of this original entity.

Yes, all based on Ralph McQuarrie's original work.

Yes, the series is based off the original screenplay where Han was a green alien, Luke was a weathered jedi already, and Starkiller was the main protaganist. The subsequent films would have obviously been the much edited and re-worked version of this original entity.

Are you not concerned that the story will be somewhat removed or different from what we've come to know, that it'll kinda spoil it? I'm a SW fan but if it's too different I may not like it... (shrug)

Are you not concerned that the story will be somewhat removed or different from what we've come to know, that it'll kinda spoil it? I'm a SW fan but if it's too different I may not like it... (shrug)

Funny, this is exactly why I'm so excited to see this series! It WILL be different - having read the original screenplay years ago. I'm eager to "see" the original concept on the pages.

If you want the the film version, grab Marvel 1-6 from '77.

I've read those many a time, and I hear you on seeing the screenplay depicted, I guess it's more of not comparing but rather enjoying the original come to life

Thanks for your interest everyone! I can assure you that this story is incredible for many reasons.

Name a movie that had a proto-sreenplay featuring totally different characters that was just as emotional, exciting and well told as than the one that was filmed.

Every character that is familiar is quite a bit different, including Leia who is much younger, and much more in the action.

Every character that is new you are going to wish was in a STAR WARS movie. It's unbelievable that some of these characters like Annikin Starkiller and his father Kane as they existed in this screenplay have been lost to fans until now.

The scope of this screenplay would have been monumental. It was un-filmable in a lot of ways. But for the first time we can capture young George Lucas' initial thoughts and inspirations for what would become Star Wars.

I could go on and on, and I will continue to get the word out.

Please, spread the word as much as you can. This book is really flying under the radar!

Thanks!!

Mike

(thumbs u I can't wait to see this printed in graphic form. Ima gonna pre-order like 10 of these. It aint flying under the radar here for long I'm sure. And we are the people who will help promote this book to the wider audience's out there. Cool concept sheets by the way Mayhew!