• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Choose this sellers fate.

112 posts in this topic

I will never understand why people think eBay sellers have some god given right to not get neg'd!

The seller tries to bend you over and rape you on shipping plain and simple. I don't care if you agreed to $18 shipping or not. Banking $14+ on shipping isn't cool and is a POS seller IMO. I don't sell much on eBay but the few times I do and quote say $9.99 shipping and it ends up being $6.75, the buyer gets an email from me and a PayPal return of $3.24.

I would neg him 17 times and not lose one second sleep. Letting people get away with this kind of is EXACTLY why eBay blows!

I will never understand why people think eBay sellers have some god given right to not get neg'd!

The seller tries to bend you over and rape you on shipping plain and simple. I don't care if you agreed to $18 shipping or not. Banking $14+ on shipping isn't cool and is a POS seller IMO. I don't sell much on eBay but the few times I do and quote say $9.99 shipping and it ends up being $6.75, the buyer gets an email from me and a PayPal return of $3.24.

I would neg him 17 times and not lose one second sleep. Letting people get away with this kind of is EXACTLY why eBay blows!

Agreed

I'm not leaving negatives.. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. All I want to do is hit him on the shipping fees.

Overall, it was a positive transaction,, but I think the shipping fees were excessive.

My question is do I leave him one positive feedback but not top stars for shippping, or fifteen separate ones.

if you bought all of them the same week, it doesnt matter if you leave one or 15, it will only be counted once. Just put your comments in the feedback about shipping. something like, "we agreed on a shipping price" or "he charged me the shipping price we agreed upon"

Not entirely true.

Leave feedback for 1 item. Two weeks later, leave feedback for another. Repeat every 2 weeks until you can no longer leave feedback. Doing the feedback this way will allow every feedback you post to count individually.

If you post them all at once, then they all count as one. Doing them in the above manner will allow every feedback you post to count against his feedback or DSR rating. Much more effective to spread the feedback out over time. (thumbs u

careful of how you rant on here I'm finding out people around here don't like it. I hear your frustration as I'm currently going through some issues with a member on these boards in the probation discussions forum. All I can say is that I agree with you that the buyer is always right, its up to the seller to make it right, and if they don't or if they ignore your trying to contact them, then they deserve the negative feedback.

exactly, just because it was agreed upon doesn't make it right. when i bought my house, i sued the seller and the bank for those wildly_fanciful_statement closing costs and paperwork fees.

careful of how you rant on here I'm finding out people around here don't like it. I hear your frustration as I'm currently going through some issues with a member on these boards in the probation discussions forum. All I can say is that I agree with you that the buyer is always right, its up to the seller to make it right, and if they don't or if they ignore your trying to contact them, then they deserve the negative feedback.

You're still going on about this?

And you wonder why people are turning on you in the probation thread.

You're situation has nothing to due with what this thread is about, stop trying to make everything about you.

2bt2u.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

I could care less if anyone gets upset! My eBay I'd is sufunk15, anyone who wants to block me, have at it! Their loss. I spend money on comics, pay immediately and never cause problems buying/selling. If someone doesn't want to sell to me because I will neg their if they try to screw me over, that's fine by me (thumbs u

I could care less if anyone gets upset! My eBay I'd is sufunk15, anyone who wants to block me, have at it! Their loss. I spend money on comics, pay immediately and never cause problems buying/selling. If someone doesn't want to sell to me because I will neg their if they try to screw me over, that's fine by me (thumbs u

I'm not leaving negatives.. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. All I want to do is hit him on the shipping fees.

Overall, it was a positive transaction,, but I think the shipping fees were excessive.

My question is do I leave him one positive feedback but not top stars for shippping, or fifteen separate ones.

if you bought all of them the same week, it doesnt matter if you leave one or 15, it will only be counted once. Just put your comments in the feedback about shipping. something like, "we agreed on a shipping price" or "he charged me the shipping price we agreed upon"

Not entirely true.

Leave feedback for 1 item. Two weeks later, leave feedback for another. Repeat every 2 weeks until you can no longer leave feedback. Doing the feedback this way will allow every feedback you post to count individually.

If you post them all at once, then they all count as one. Doing them in the above manner will allow every feedback you post to count against his feedback or DSR rating. Much more effective to spread the feedback out over time. (thumbs u

dont think this is entirely true either

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/howitworks.html

39520720.jpg

Not entirely true.

dont think this is entirely true either

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/howitworks.html

The rules listed only cover if feedback is left in the same week. That's why I said to space them over 2 weeks time. That's how I leave feedback for favorite sellers whom I bought multiple items from, to help their ratings.

I'd hit that monukka 16 times for shipping rates. Perhaps he can come up with some BS explanation how his time and gas is worth more when he's delivering a box of 15 action figures than just one action figure?

For the record, I'm not sure why you agreed that $18 worth of shipping for something that would cost $10 seemed fair - so you kinda bent yourself over on that one.

Which is okay, I've done it, too.

Looks like you paid the guy over minimum wage just to pack the items. If he isn't willing to replace some of the shipping charges a NEG is a must. If he is willing to work with you hit with a 2/3 star on the DSR and leave notes in the feedback.

i thought it was calculated by when the sale occurred. i thought it meant that if the seller sold you 15 items in the same week and you leave negative feedback once every 2 weeks, it would still count as one because the sale happened in the same week. ill call and get some confirmation on this though. seems interesting.

i thought it was calculated by when the sale occurred. i thought it meant that if the seller sold you 15 items in the same week and you leave negative feedback once every 2 weeks, it would still count as one because the sale happened in the same week. ill call and get some confirmation on this though. seems interesting.

How are Feedback scores calculated?

You should leave Feedback for each sale. However, we calculate the other member's Feedback score differently depending on whether the sales occurred in the same week. For Feedback purposes, we define a week as Monday through Sunday, Pacific Time.

If the sales occurred in the same week

Sellers: We raise or lower the seller's Feedback score by a total of 1 point, based on the total number of positives and negatives left by the buyer.

If the seller receives more positives than negatives from the same buyer in the same week, the seller's Feedback score is raised by 1 point.

It states that if the feedback is received in the same week, it only counts as 1 point. When the feedback is received in different weeks it counts more than once.

You should leave Feedback for each sale. However, we calculate the other member's Feedback score differently depending on whether the sales occurred in the same week. For Feedback purposes, we define a week as Monday through Sunday, Pacific Time.

Sellers: We raise or lower the seller's Feedback score by a total of 1 point, based on the total number of positives and negatives left by the buyer.

If the seller receives more positives than negatives from the same buyer in the same week, the seller's Feedback score is raised by 1 point.

It states that if the feedback is received in the same week, it only counts as 1 point. When the feedback is received in different weeks it counts more than once.

you are correct, i talked to them and it was explained that it is only calculated weekly. I misunderstood that policy. I did however ask about it and was told it could be considered feedback abuse. I guess if you explain this tactic they might, probably not, be able to help.

I have always wondered if that was possible.

Not the calling thing, the spacing feedback out for multiple item purchases.

As far as calling. Any call you make to ebay you have to take with a grain of salt. Well, maybe a shaker of salt, as you get the same answer about 41% of the time, the opposite answer about 28% of the time and something completely off the wall about 37% of the time. This does not count the number of times you simply ask to be transferred to a supervisor who has some semblance of brain activity. :sumo:

you are correct, i talked to them and it was explained that it is only calculated weekly. I misunderstood that policy. I did however ask about it and was told it could be considered feedback abuse. I guess if you explain this tactic they might, probably not, be able to help.

I use it for my favorite sellers to help their ratings. :D

And the screw-up sellers get it also. :devil: