• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Choose this sellers fate.

112 posts in this topic

i thought it was calculated by when the sale occurred. i thought it meant that if the seller sold you 15 items in the same week and you leave negative feedback once every 2 weeks, it would still count as one because the sale happened in the same week. ill call and get some confirmation on this though. seems interesting.

I have always wondered if that was possible.

Not the calling thing, the spacing feedback out for multiple item purchases.

As far as calling. Any call you make to ebay you have to take with a grain of salt. Well, maybe a shaker of salt, as you get the same answer about 41% of the time, the opposite answer about 28% of the time and something completely off the wall about 37% of the time. This does not count the number of times you simply ask to be transferred to a supervisor who has some semblance of brain activity. :sumo:

e-bay has supervisors with some semblance of brain activity? :o

You learn something new everyday here. :roflmao:

I hate that expression "the buyer is always right". There are many times where it is the right and sensible thing to make good by your buyer. Then there are times where the buyer is not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy and out of their mind and it is in your best interest to let them go never to have them buy from you again.

We have seen numerous cases on these very boards where that statement has not held water. In Shad's case, $10 refund is appropriate.

The figures should have been bagged individually and had better protective measures taken to send them. That is "sending figures 101"

However, the buyer is not always right. Sometimes when you appease it is the equivalent to that child's book, "if you give a mouse a cookie."

My problem is several weapons separted in shipping and I'm not really sure which ones go to which figure. These are Armies of Middle Earth figures, and as an example- both Gandalf and Boromir's swords came loose. I have two loose swords, but one is a fair bit longer than the other.

B is a much broader and stronger man so he should carry the bigger sword, except Gandalf's sword is an elven blade which would more likely be much lighter, so it could be longer.

These headaches could have been solved by individual wrapping, or simply putting each individual figure in a sandwich bag.

So much epic nerd logic in this paragraph! :whee:

i thought it was calculated by when the sale occurred. i thought it meant that if the seller sold you 15 items in the same week and you leave negative feedback once every 2 weeks, it would still count as one because the sale happened in the same week. ill call and get some confirmation on this though. seems interesting.

How are Feedback scores calculated?

You should leave Feedback for each sale. However, we calculate the other member's Feedback score differently depending on whether the sales occurred in the same week. For Feedback purposes, we define a week as Monday through Sunday, Pacific Time.

If the sales occurred in the same week

Sellers: We raise or lower the seller's Feedback score by a total of 1 point, based on the total number of positives and negatives left by the buyer.

If the seller receives more positives than negatives from the same buyer in the same week, the seller's Feedback score is raised by 1 point.

It states that if the feedback is received in the same week, it only counts as 1 point. When the feedback is received in different weeks it counts more than once.

you are correct, i talked to them and it was explained that it is only calculated weekly. I misunderstood that policy. I did however ask about it and was told it could be considered feedback abuse. I guess if you explain this tactic they might, probably not, be able to help.

I use it for my favorite sellers to help their ratings. :D

And the screw-up sellers get it also. :devil:

this is why I offer free shipping to board members.

Yes, and I don't know much about Boromir's sword. I assume it was made in Gondor, and I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge of Gondorian blacksmithing isn't what it should be.

Glamdrig The foe hammer (Gandalf)

Glamdring.jpg

Andúril The flame of the west (Aragorn)

schwert_anduril_heren.jpg

Formerly Narsil

You should be able to tell the difference from the pommel and hilt.

I think it is fairly simple. Give the seller the feedback he deserves.

In this case, you were charged a lot more for shipping than it cost the seller. Like 4x more. Most people would think that is excessive. You think it is excessive. So give him the number of stars on shipping and handling charges that reflects the level of how you feel about it.

eBay is set up so that you give feedback on each transaction. If there were 15 transactions in one box, then eBay hopes you'll leave 15 ratings. What eBay does with those ratings and how they count them - that's eBay's thing. Nothing you can do about that - so don't change what you would normally do.

I think the seller earned 15 (or was it 16?) positive feedbacks with 1 or 2 stars on shipping. Unless of course the seller agrees to your requested $10 refund.

You don't know the difference between Glamdring and Andúril?

:baiting:

Wasn't Anduril Aragorn's sword? And weren't they both made by elves?

nerds.jpg

lol

D'oh! I can't see the image you posted! If It relates to the above dialogue, surely it's a photo of statuesque gentlemen wearing suits, each holding a snifter of port whilst discussing the events of the day?

You don't know the difference between Glamdring and Andúril?

:baiting:

Wasn't Anduril Aragorn's sword? And weren't they both made by elves?

nerds.jpg

lol

D'oh! I can't see the image you posted! If It relates to the above dialogue, surely it's a photo of statuesque gentlemen wearing suits, each holding a snifter of port whilst discussing the events of the day?

Think Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds with his famous "Nerds!" war-call.

lol

Glamdring.jpg

Formerly Narsil

I own both of those full sized swords :blush:

And Sting :facepalm:

Glamdring.jpg

Formerly Narsil

I own both of those full sized swords :blush:

And Sting :facepalm:

nerds.jpg

Glamdring.jpg

Formerly Narsil

Pommels are similar, as it wasn't Aragorns sword.

I have always wondered if that was possible.

Not the calling thing, the spacing feedback out for multiple item purchases.

As far as calling. Any call you make to ebay you have to take with a grain of salt. Well, maybe a shaker of salt, as you get the same answer about 41% of the time, the opposite answer about 28% of the time and something completely off the wall about 37% of the time. This does not count the number of times you simply ask to be transferred to a supervisor who has some semblance of brain activity. :sumo:

Sounds about right lol

I would leave him negative feedback if he doesn't refund your money. You agreed upon a shipping price before the items were sent, that money was not used to cover shipping/handling expenses, not even close. Nor were the items shipped properly.

Shipping and handling isn't a catch all add-on that is meant to cover the ebay seller's overhead costs, to offset ebay fees or to be another way to gain profit off a listing.