• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boardies on Twitter

151 posts in this topic

@columbiacomics

We're about to launch our website so this will be a great way for people to follow us as I'll make announcements, offer discounts and free stuff!

Follow along! Don't be afraid to reach out and just say hey!

Added to the list! Got your jump shot ready for August in Chicago? :baiting:

I use it mostly to mine data and cherry pick insights, but my interests have evolved so much since starting to use it (near around the time I dumped Facebook in 08'). Facebook I can do without, but I couldn't do without Twitter.

I'm the same way. I don't miss Facebook at all.

I like feeling better about my life by looking at all the complaining done on FB.

Facebook is on the downward spiral . Almost everyone I know is sick of everyone else on FB and they only keep it as a means to contact someone. It's a glorified address book to me now. I need to use it and access it for my work - but outside of that, I only check it once a day to see if I have any messages. I've practically thinned my feed down to a handful of people - and even those I don't like reading about their day-to-day krap.

It is a glorified address book and without it I would not be able to keep up with people that I want to keep up with.

I will admit to a few self indulgences on FB like tagging myself in to whatever concerts or ballgames I am at or if I am out of state and visiting someplace interesting along with other odds and ends. "Getting my Geek On - Buzzetta is at NYCC at the Javitz" or something like that.

However you will never see complaining on my FB account, just random stupidity. For instance on Friday we set up blenders in the Jones Beach parking lot and a friend took a few pics of me doing that and with the blender during our tailgate. I put that up. I try to put up cool pics such as this...

Taken at Jones Beach Nikon Theater during the rainstorm at Jimmy Buffett 2011 with my iPhone.

941860_10151469823882963_1842000842_n.jpg

As far as twitter... some could figure it out if they know me in real life and really went looking. However I think I would have to sanitize it before I gave it out here as I can be one of those that will call out certain celebrities or movements on some of their pretentious wildly_fanciful_statement.

As far as twitter... some could figure it out if they know me in real life and really went looking. However I think I would have to sanitize it before I gave it out here as I can be one of those that will call out certain celebrities or movements on some of their pretentious wildly_fanciful_statement.

:insane:

3v6gcm.jpg

:insane:

3v6gcm.jpg

Nah - the real name is a place holder - but pretty much

Twitter is a very powerful social media channel. I have multiple aliases (mostly parking personal brands) and I find just as much value on my account with 600 followers as I do on my account with 6. I use it mostly to mine data and cherry pick insights, but my interests have evolved so much since starting to use it (near around the time I dumped Facebook in 08'). Facebook I can do without, but I couldn't do without Twitter.

I feel exactly the opposite way--nobody I've ever met in person posts anything to Twitter. Twittering and blogging are roughly the same, and who really does either? Mostly people who have something to gain from media exposure, and to a far lesser extent, particularly chatty individuals which might be one in every 20 to 100 people. At least Facebook lets you more easily share pictures with friends and family.

I've got a twitter account as @ruddjames, but I haven't gone to it in years. The only time I ever use Twitter is to look at celebrity or athlete comments on some current event.

Facebook is on the downward spiral . Almost everyone I know is sick of everyone else on FB and they only keep it as a means to contact someone. It's a glorified address book to me now. I need to use it and access it for my work - but outside of that, I only check it once a day to see if I have any messages. I've practically thinned my feed down to a handful of people - and even those I don't like reading about their day-to-day krap.

It's useless to read on a daily or even weekly basis, but it's fantastic to check once every 6 to 18 months to see what your friends and family you see less often are up to. Anyone who posts daily or even weekly as if its a blog I tend to ignore.

I still have about 270 twitter followers but I sell a lot more on FB. I just use twitter to promo my vlogged about products and my youtube videos.

It is not comic book related and I'd rather not post it here because it would give stalker-boy more ammo...

But I have about 140 vlog followers (that have signed up) and most of them are on my twitter to for giveaways and such.

Twitter has been an excellent way to get quick responses .

Whoa... I've been absent from twitter for over two years and much has changed. I am trying to figure out a lot of basic stuff again. Any fundamental tips?

@BuzzettaNY

Not much going on over on it though.

I will not complain to my close family and friends on FB.

Twitter is my venue to gripe sometimes... so...

Send me a request if you want.

One thing I use it for is to track specific topics. To keep it CG pertinent, you could track for instance mentions of SDCC 2013. If you have multiple search terms, you could use a tool like tweetdeck.com. Up until a month ago, there was a tool I used (tweetgrid) which I really liked because it allowed me to track discussions in a grid view, but Twitter changed their API's and pretty much cut them off. Tweetdeck is owned by Twitter so it made sense to cut off a competitor, but tweetgrid was far superior to tweetdeck in my opinion.

There is another tool called hootsuite which essentially does the same thing. These are all "freemium" web-based tools which don't require you to install anything, and of course provide the service free with the opportunity to upgrade if required (I personally haven't needed to and I consider myself a complex user).

I keep them running on my computer in the background and check throughout the day. Like I said earlier, Twitter is outstanding when it comes to mining insights in real-time, so it really comes down to how its harnessed. To give you an example, when I came into a sweet lot of BA keys, I simply ran a grid on those key issues, and found several buyers who had posted WTB's right on Twitter. This is just one of many examples, and it seems listening (in the exact ways I've described above) is the next frontier when it comes to selling.