• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to Phoenix for Business - Please Recommend Shops

9 posts in this topic

I have to go to Phoenix at the end of this month for a few days, and I wanted to get some recommendations for shops to visit. I am primarily interested in GA & SA. I have been given the name of All About Books & Comics so far. Any help is appreciated.

All about books & comics is definitely the best store to start with for GA & SA. Samurai comics is a local chain & one store is close to ABC, but not much in the way of GA/SA. You may want to contact fellow boardies Mikes Rack & Robocard - they are more into older comics than myself & may have better recommendations.

Boardie Robocard has the best selection for the best prices. Send him a PM and he can set up a meeting at his storage unit, it's like entering Pandora's box. I have a decent selection I usually only do shows so my inventory isn't browse friendly but if you are looking for something specific, I would be glad to pull it out and meet up with you.

If you want the retail experience, All About has a large selection of silver but not much gold with most books on consignment priced around OSPG.

The hidden gem is Greg's comics in Mesa. Howard has been buying silver age like crazy. It's a small store packed with goodness. Definitely worth the trip over. If you do go though, call first and tell Howard what you are looking for. Most of his best stuff is in the back and if he knows what you like he will pull boxes out for you. I haven't been there in a year or two but I know he's still going strong.

If you are looking for anything specific, send me a PM and I will see what I have. (thumbs u

(Thanks for the good word Hekla :acclaim:)

Boardie Robocard has the best selection for the best prices. Send him a PM and he can set up a meeting at his storage unit, it's like entering Pandora's box. I have a decent selection I usually only do shows so my inventory isn't browse friendly but if you are looking for something specific, I would be glad to pull it out and meet up with you.

If you want the retail experience, All About has a large selection of silver but not much gold with most books on consignment priced around OSPG.

The hidden gem is Greg's comics in Mesa. Howard has been buying silver age like crazy. It's a small store packed with goodness. Definitely worth the trip over. If you do go though, call first and tell Howard what you are looking for. Most of his best stuff is in the back and if he knows what you like he will pull boxes out for you. I haven't been there in a year or two but I know he's still going strong.

If you are looking for anything specific, send me a PM and I will see what I have. (thumbs u

(Thanks for the good word Hekla :acclaim:)

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. :banana: