• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Rich,

Thanks for putting up the favorite cover contest on monster books. The one thing I learned is that nobody likes the covers I like. ???

Andrew,

Glad you're participating in + enjoying the contest. Its been alot of fun for me as well. Instead of being upset that the popular vote doesn't match your personal favorites, I'd rejoice + revel in it. Those covers are YOUR covers + what speaks to you + your esthetic. Its like having a favorite band that is relatively unknown or TV show. Eff the validation of popularity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sumo::censored::slapfight:

It's been my experience that my thoughts of favorite covers depend heavily on what I've actually seen in nice shape. If I only go by Gerber Guide or scans on the internet, I've found my decisions often changing quite quickly once I actually see the books. Putting the poll in the General Forum means that more voters will be those who aren't necessarily "into pre-heros" or who may not seen many nice copies. The previous poll of DC War covers was similarly surprising/disappointing to a friend that I was talking with during the SD Con.

In any event, it was fun exercise, Korvac, and gave the pre-heros a bit of exposure outside of the small following this thread. Kudos! (thumbs u

You are really getting close!! :applause:

And then there were 3: C'mon #3, 4 + 28!!!

tta32.jpg

Rich,

Thanks for putting up the favorite cover contest on monster books. The one thing I learned is that nobody likes the covers I like. ???

Andrew,

Glad you're participating in + enjoying the contest. Its been alot of fun for me as well. Instead of being upset that the popular vote doesn't match your personal favorites, I'd rejoice + revel in it. Those covers are YOUR covers + what speaks to you + your esthetic. Its like having a favorite band that is relatively unknown or TV show. Eff the validation of popularity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sumo::censored::slapfight:

It's been my experience that my thoughts of favorite covers depend heavily on what I've actually seen in nice shape. If I only go by Gerber Guide or scans on the internet, I've found my decisions often changing quite quickly once I actually see the books. Putting the poll in the General Forum means that more voters will be those who aren't necessarily "into pre-heros" or who may not seen many nice copies. The previous poll of DC War covers was similarly surprising/disappointing to a friend that I was talking with during the SD Con.

In any event, it was fun exercise, Korvac, and gave the pre-heros a bit of exposure outside of the small following this thread. Kudos! (thumbs u

Thanks Alan + all excellent points. And I'm sure that DC War covers contest helped bring new attention to that genre as well. So it was a success in that regard

even if the results differed greatly from the beloved choices of the true collectors.

Heck, it was this very thread which helped ignite the prehero passion in myself. Not more than 3 years ago I had NO preheros + now look what you've all done to me!! Oh, and thanks!! (worship)