• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I recently picked up the first WM I've ever owned.....a TOS 44 that Nelson and Ritter were calling an 8.0....and I used to wonder what all the fuss was.....I USED to....the gloss and suppleness are amazing, and this is just on an 8.0. If I were ever to view AS's pre hero collection in person, I'd certainly have to make sure I had some nitro tablets with me lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I recently picked up the first WM I've ever owned.....a TOS 44 that Nelson and Ritter were calling an 8.0....and I used to wonder what all the fuss was.....I USED to....the gloss and suppleness are amazing, and this is just on an 8.0. If I were ever to view AS's pre hero collection in person, I'd certainly have to make sure I had some nitro tablets with me lol GOD BLESS...

I keep some handy for visitors. :kidaround:

There are a lot of world class collections on these boards, but I would have to say the one I would probably want to view first would be yours. GOD BLESS...

There are a lot of world class collections on these boards, but I would have to say the one I would probably want to view first would be yours. GOD BLESS...

:blush:

:blush:

Darn right. Truely incredible stuff.

Very nice under-rated pre-hero book!

Is it me, or are OW/W pages for these puppies becoming rarer and rarer?

Most of the pre-hero books I see these days have Cream pages.

I'd say that 75% of the pre-hero Marvels I have seen slabbed have Cream to Off-White pages (your results may vary). Pre-hero books are the only books that I don't sweat PQ, because they all seem to have the word Cream somewhere in the PQ line and if you pass up a nice copy just because of the PQ you could be waiting a loooong time to find another!

Very nice under-rated pre-hero book!

Is it me, or are OW/W pages for these puppies becoming rarer and rarer?

Most of the pre-hero books I see these days have Cream pages.

I'd say that 75% of the pre-hero Marvels I have seen slabbed have Cream to Off-White pages (your results may vary). Pre-hero books are the only books that I don't sweat PQ, because they all seem to have the word Cream somewhere in the PQ line and if you pass up a nice copy just because of the PQ you could be waiting a loooong time to find another!

I feel the same way about PQ on the preheros. Books are so rare in hg that often the best copies have cr-ow pages. Pass on it + the next best copy might be mid grade if you're lucky!!

I also notice something else on some of the pre-hero books. Seems in most cases the white page copies bring quite a bit more money than the off-white/white issues.

Another one of my $20.00 purchases back in the early eighties. I wonder if its worth at least double that by now? hm

DR.X

STRANGETALES1001.jpg

STRANGETALES1002.jpg

Depends on how long the bones have been laying in the sun and if the eggs are washed or not. I've got a few 'egg shell' white books off Ebay, if ya' know what I'm saying.

I also notice something else on some of the pre-hero books. Seems in most cases the white page copies bring quite a bit more money than the off-white/white issues.

Another one of my $20.00 purchases back in the early eighties. I wonder if its worth at least double that by now? hm

DR.X

STRANGETALES1001.jpg

STRANGETALES1002.jpg

Holy macarel. :o

DR.X

STRANGETALES1001.jpg

STRANGETALES1002.jpg

Super nizzze book!!! :headbang: Very cool. :cool: