• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

This guy might be electrified too...

jim532atCGCinv-163058.jpg

Love this cover! :cloud9: Had this as a top pick in the cover contest. Great copy. (thumbs u

This guy might be electrified too...

jim532atCGCinv-163058.jpg

Love this cover! :cloud9: Had this as a top pick in the cover contest. Great copy. (thumbs u

(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)

Edited by crimson dynamo

ACK!!! Tom, how could you post that lowly Charlton in the pre-hero section...for shame!

For Ditko -- all is forgiven.

Yeah, Ditko is pretty much always welcome. Except if its discovered he did a bunch of funny animal books and even then...............................................

Nice book, and a great story -- it was "inspired" by the Theodore Sturgeon short story -- KILLDOZER, where an alien life form takes over a giant steam-shovel and wrecks havoc!

It was also a great 70s made-for-TV movie, by the way.

I recently helped a friend complete his pre marvel set with the purchase of a JIM 54. It would probably be 9.0 but it has a long 5'" "shelf" of a pre marvel tear that is still firmly attached but would probably bring it down to a 7.5 or so. He's been collecting these since the mid 70's and picked up MANY high grade examples from Verzyl, Redbeard, etc. back when they could be had for less than 50 bucks. My point is, we had HUGE trouble finding a respectable copy....he didn't even have a Robert Bell VG. I'm curious as to which pre hero is the rarest in grade according to the rest of you. I'd definitely have to give JIM 54 my vote....and CGC has only certified one copy at 5.5. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not looking at the census, I am wondering what would we be the other scarce issues in the Strange Tales, TTA and TOS runs. I'm curious to hear other board member opinions and experiances. :shy:

JIM 51 and 60 also seem to be very hard to get a hold of.

Edited by crimson dynamo