• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I wouldn't want to bark up his tree...

Stumping around like that won't help anyone but I'm sure there's a branch of psychiatry that could root out his inner demons and help him turn over a new leaf.

Some of my favorite pre-hero covers, the crazy monkeys. Especially TTA 33 :headbang:

I would really like to get my hands on a sweet copy of JIM 65.

Sold this one to John Russell earlier this year... :sorry:

JIM65CGC70OWW.jpg

And I give you many many thanks. Even though, it didn't get much love in Korvac's fantastic pre-hero showdowns, I flat-out love this cover.

You missed one;-)

Stumping around like that won't help anyone but I'm sure there's a branch of psychiatry that could help nut-jobs like him to root out his inner demons and help him turn over a new leaf.

I wouldn't be afraid of this monster if I had an Ax.

tta13wm.jpg

Wow what a stunner.

Everytime I see that book it reminds me of Groot's origin. They didint kill this one with termites though. The most shocking special effects of all time.

DR.X

Edited by DR.X

Here's a pretty one, we pulled out of old school collection, VF- ish?

st83.jpg

Down under Grog is a slang term for alcohol/ We would all be rejoicing if monster grog turned up like that :insane:

Here's a pretty one, we pulled out of old school collection, VF- ish?

st83.jpg

Down under Grog is a slang term for alcohol/ We would all be rejoicing if monster grog turned up like that :insane:

I count 3 pitchforks...Grogg doesn't stand a chance! :insane:

I just posted this book in the resto section to ask about tape removal (see back cover) and thought that since I scanned it in I ought to post it here as well. Great book, great cover, and not one you see every day.

TOS04CGC.jpg

TOS04CGCbc.jpg

Beautiful presenting book. What was the purpose of the tape? It doesn't seem to do much.

As far as I can tell it doesn't do anything in the way of a repair. I think it is bag tape that got stuck to the cover. I'm really considering having it removed if it wouldn't make this book a PLOD as I think I could get a bump of at least 2 points if not more on a resubmit sans tape.

Beautiful presenting book. What was the purpose of the tape? It doesn't seem to do much.

As far as I can tell it doesn't do anything in the way of a repair. I think it is bag tape that got stuck to the cover. I'm really considering having it removed if it wouldn't make this book a PLOD as I think I could get a bump of at least 2 points if not more on a resubmit sans tape.

First off, I think it's a great looking book and if the grade and tape bother you I suggest cracking it out. In a mylar with backing board you won't see the tape.

Unless it's very fresh, tape removal will leave a mark. The location of the tape will be discolored to the rest of the book and CGC will downgrade for it. IMO it will grade 6.0 sans tape but with residue and not worth the expense.

First off, I think it's a great looking book and if the grade and tape bother you I suggest cracking it out. In a mylar with backing board you won't see the tape.

Unless it's very fresh, tape removal will leave a mark. The location of the tape will be discolored to the rest of the book and CGC will downgrade for it. IMO it will grade 6.0 sans tape but with residue and not worth the expense.

That is my concern. The tape doesn't bother me so much (I did buy the book slabbed with the tape) but if it could be removed without causing damage then I would prefer that. The paper I can see hasn't appeared to discolor much, even under the tape (as best I can tell). I've seen some amateur tape removals off of vintage toy boxes that didn't leave any signs (though cardboard is different than cover stock, I know). I know that tape can continue to deteriorate and I would rather arrest the process then have it get worse over time. I could live with a blue label 6.0 as long as the work & regrade were in the ~$50 range total.