• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

OOBA DOOBA!

Which issue was he in? I swear, Stan came up with the craziest monster names...

I thought he was in TOS, but that is an easy mistake to make.

It was actually OOBA, son of DOOBA... and he only appeared in the STRANGE TALES ANNUAL! ;)

Ah. Makes sense that OOBA would accomplish more than his dad. The old man liked to burn tree, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, dad was always more interested in his veggie bowls than world domination.

....he kept forgetting what his plan was. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

I posted this in the Group Shot Thread, but in case some of you guys don't browse that thread, here it is again.

Special Thanks to Dale Roberts for the #92 that came in the mail today. I was going to take a group shot of just the 8.0+ set, but it didn't fit in a photo well, so I added the three earlier issues to even it out.

DSC08324.jpg

Very tough to put together a run of any of the preheros in 8.0 or higher!! Great set + love the stairs set up as well!! :cloud9::headbang: I've forgotten to mention that I've bought stuff on ebay from you, going back a ways, early 2000s.

Thanks Rich, this was a long time in the making and is still a work in progress - especially on the earlier portion of the run that isn't far along enough to share yet. I was inspired by your stair shots for your TOS run. In all the time I've been working on the set, I haven't put them on display together like that before. It was a nice way to spend an evening.

Hard to believe it, but I've been on ebay for almost 14 years now. Things have changed a lot in collecting and on ebay in that time.

Glad I could find an audience to share with who appreciates them as much as I do.

I don't know why, but Strange Tales seems to be the title most difficult to find copies above fine. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Glad I could find an audience to share with who appreciates them as much as I do.

Oh yes it is appreciated... And those of us working on our own ST pre-hero runs know how hard this set is to build let alone in high grade like you have done. You should be proud of such a beautiful run.

We appreciate, we appreciate :cloud9:

Strange Tales and JIM are both really hard to get pre-hero runs in. Congratulations

on a most excellent set

Oh yes it is appreciated... And those of us working on our own ST pre-hero runs know how hard this set is to build let alone in high grade like you have done. You should be proud of such a beautiful run.

Absolutely gorgeous set!!! :cloud9: