• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Here's a new addition from Rhino...JIM 52 from 1959.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

JIM52.jpg

JIM52A.jpg

"Ha !He is even smaller than our women !What a weakling race these earthlings must be!"

JIM52B.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Glad you are finally out here posting your sweet, sweet Pre-Hero books, Angelo! It was great meeting you at the Chicago Con, sorry I missed the majority of the show, but my scuba trip rocked. I'll post the goodies I picked up on preview night as soon as I have time to scan them!

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for posting Watcher!

I've always thought this was particularly effective multi-panel cover:

TOS%20%2323%20F.jpg

Angelo, those are all GREAT books! Keep it going!

Sorry for cross-posting, but in case you don't go into Comics General or Comic Events, here's my pickups from Chicago, all Pre-Hero naturally! grin.gif

yay.gif

Also, I posted my extremely late and brief con report in the Events section:

Rhino's Chicago Report

Strange Tales 85: Return of Gargantus! I have always loved this cover because of my deep-sea fixation.

ST85.jpg

AAF 8: I have a copy of this book, but any time I see a decent copy that's better than a 4.0 I'll probably buy it. A gorgeous red cover and incredibly hard to find in nice grades!

AAF8.jpg

TOS 34: Probably wins the award for the most panels in a multi-panel cover! I always liked those multi-panel covers, like the TOS 23, 28, etc.

TOS34.jpg

TOS 35: Nice copy and Watcher prototype to boot!

TOS35.jpg

Very nice, but didn't you give up on these or am i thinking of a different large African mammal? confused-smiley-013.gif

Michael Corleone: Just when I thought that I was out....they pull me back in.

You nailed it, Red. 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif It's an illness, I swear it! You know, I love the books. I just can't help myself. I did sell a chunk of them off. But I will keep buying them when I see something I like. I seem to do this about every 6 to 7 years. Keeps the hunt fresh or something, I don't know. confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW.....I know it's already been mentioned....but that AAF 8 is a Beeeeeyoootch to find in high grade.

That's a sweet copy. I'd love to see a Ditko five page story Masterworks edition.

Red

BTW.....I know it's already been mentioned....but that AAF 8 is a Beeeeeyoootch to find in high grade.

That's a sweet copy. I'd love to see a Ditko five page story Masterworks edition.

Red

That's why I picked it up. I have a 5.5 and that's the nicest I've ever owned. I love that cover!

You and me both. An AA/AAF Masterworks would be superb. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I was hoping they'd start with that instead of Tales to Astonish!!

Another nice red cover TOS:

Definitely! Just think of what it would be worth if it was a 39 looking like that!