• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Great books Art :) Love the thread idea. Since I've only been collecting prehero for a year I guess I will just post my five faves later.

Thanks to everyone who has sold me books as well, including korvac, mysterio, and marvel_runs

So the thread about best acqusitions of 2012 gave me the idea to see what the denizens of the pre-hero thread thought were your best 5 pickups of the year (they are doing 3 in CG, that is too limiting). Mine were (in loose order):

I narrowed my collecting focus during 2012 and pre-hero is more of a primary emphasis now, so I was fortunate to pick up some great books this year (I could have snuck a couple more into this list). Bronty certainly deserves a shout-out for hooking me up with an upgrade to my AA #2, and BAF has helped fuel my addiction to these books by buying a couple of my undercopies. This is one of my favorite threads to hang out in and contribute to, and I appreciate all my fellow pre-hero bretheren. Thanks again for another great year!

So let's see your favorites from 2012!

Glad I could help you out! That Strange Tales #1 is really cool! Presnts nice for the grade too! :applause:

I plan to post, maybe in a few weeks when things slow down and I can scan things in. I picked up ST #76 & a solid raw mid-grade ST #46 - both top books on my want list this year. Not sure what my others would be... Glad to help you guys build your collections. Also thankful for some trades and purchases from boardies that benefited mine.

marvel_runs

That's interesting. I didnt think the Nickster collected anything but Golden Age.

He also collected pre-code horror. His collection was quite extensive, starting but not ending, with GA.

One of my favorite covers! :applause:

couple wins last night - for some reason I can't put my finger on (morbid novelty?) I thought it would be fun to own a Cage prehero or two

jou1.3076a.jpg

I took a stab at the TOS 17, too. I had to pass on it so I could compete for other books. Lots of interest in that book. Picked up one Cage book, TOS 24 (8.5). How about the JIM #1 (6.5), almost $7K!!!!???? :o

A very healthy selection of nice PH's to fill in those gaps in one's PH collection.