• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

another for jimbo .one day ill get you scans,,love your love for them!This one is way nicer than image,,,

2012JIMMERS265.jpg

And since post counts are not important after 20000

2012JIMMERS355.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

The TTA 5 is one of my favorite covers.....maybe top 5 to me. I just picked up another fave cover from Sharky's sales thread, TTA 31.... and it looks SO much nicer than the pics.....it may have to end up in a Mylar....but as a 7.5 CGC it's at that level where it may be smarter to leave it slabbed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Thanks Tom.Jimbo!

Jimbo...that IS a SWELL swell ooh lala copy...id be going nuts keeping it out of a mylar...what a choice!But...the smell..the feel... :ohnoez:

I cant find a pic of my 31..but ive been in the bucket..and found this!Scans one day... someday...but i;; likely get distracted and start reading once I get them out..

This is one of my top of the pops covers..

jan2012386.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

Feeling Strange...

sorry if youve seen these before..just going through the pics on the bucket ,these are all from before I got a scanner,Still have them all so far though :whee:

jan2012378.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

Here's the TTA 31 :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN0971.jpg

Jimbo...the gloss and the sharpness on the bottomleft ....golly good gracious...!Such a beauty..let me know if you crack it! :gossip:Id be scared.

One of my most beat up comics..but how I love it...AAARRRGHHH>>>>the tape is pretty new as well...a fella brought it to a small local show and thought it was a great job/thing he had done to keep it together..original owner though..his only comic that still had the cover!

NewMayDay169.jpg

One of my all time fave stories...on par with the Blip for me...both first read in the Marvel Monsterworks book that came out when I was a young teen and there was no interweird to help find the original books.Man o man,,,finding a prehero around here happened maybe once a year!Ive read that old copy likely a hundred times,my Papa the same. :cloud9:

I was always fascinated also,by how the Blip story had pages that were different to the rest,like the plates were lost and the reprint was taken right from a xerox of an old comic or something...but that's not the story in this issue.This story is the Glob!!! :fear: Certainly not the greatest tale ever..but,hey I just really loved it,and actively looked to find it for years..and well,I found it!Right here on these boards, where i've found so many great comics and friends.

Here we are...not pretty,but ready for a read anytime....

0newmay040.jpg

(and yeas,I have the Blip..low grade and want a better,but I have the Blip)(somewhere(

Edited by porcupine48