• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if these belong in this thread but they are Kirby and I thought you may enjoy seeing them.....

IMG_4278.jpg

...they do to me, Bob...... beauties both.....and I presume NFS..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm not sure if these belong in this thread but they are Kirby and I thought you may enjoy seeing them.....

IMG_4278.jpg

My copies are rags to your riches

Always loved the monster western crossover issues.

IMG_4278.jpg

My copies are rags to your riches

Ditto. I think if you added the grades for my RK #22 and TGK #107 together you might get close to a 7.5. Great books that definitely belong in this thread!

This was part of my latest sub to CGC, courtesy of Tomorrow's Treasures before I knew better. :pullhair: Based on the cover edges I have actually long suspected it was trimmed, but I subbed it because I really wanted to know one way or the other. Turns out it wasn't trimmed, but apparently the spine did get a glue repair at some point. :cry:

Either way, it's still a pretty copy. My scanner isn't hooked up, so you get an iPhone photo.

TTA06CGC.jpg

...yeah......and in the grand scheme of things, a little glue repair doesn't bother me much at all. Pretty book. GOD BLESS...

Thanks guys! I'm still a bit bummed about the resto, but yeah, a glue repair does bother me less than a trim would have. At the end of the day I was expecting a purple label, and at least this is a more desirable note to get.

Thanks guys! I'm still a bit bummed about the resto, but yeah, a glue repair does bother me less than a trim would have. At the end of the day I was expecting a purple label, and at least this is a more desirable note to get.

For me a little glue is light years better than a trim...a bit of glue bothers me very little for a book like this.

Nice book!

Edited by Johnny545

Glue is not that hard to remove...... but I'd be happy just to have one..... and a touch of glue is no worse than a small piece of tape.... IMHO. I've had a couple unexpected PLODS with glue only over the years..... I really didn't know how to tell. I was told that you just run your finger down the spine and the glue will be stiff and hard. I popped one out and sure enough, it was easy to find it. It was a book I wanted to keep anyway.... so raw wasn't really a big deal. GOD BLESS...

What, no love for "Spragg, The Dirt Clod That LIVED !"........ (shrug) GOD BLESS....

Now that's no way to talk about the Conqueror Of The Human Race! (tsk)

Pov, I am diggin the new avatar :headbang:

Sorry about the bad luck mysterio :sorry:

Nice books! Titano is classic pre-hero look but Goom is, well, kind of hard to put a handle on.

The word you are looking for is awesome (thumbs u

IMG_4278.jpg

For me, these, along with Two Gun 58, are must have books.

Not common to see these in such good condition. Two well chosen books to add to the collection*. :grin:

*In both senses of the word, "add". Two more books in the collection numerically but also in adding to the concept behind any particular collection: the bringing together in one place items that would have less significance or meaning on their own.

Definitely more desirable, especially as it is just a "small amount" of glue and no other notes. Enjoy it as you would a loved by slightly wayward child!

I'm betting Goom is the next "break out" monster.

Or Colossus.

Both are worthy. Both such classics :headbang:

Goom is my single favorite PH :cloud9:

Yeah, Goom is just so whacky. But if you have Goom then you need Googam, Son of Goom (TOS 17)!

The googam story is good, but its not Goom good :juggle:

Not sure why you think its wacky? No wackier than the rest :insane: And its a great story best of all.

Pov, I am diggin the new avatar :headbang:

Thanks Bronty. Mummy covers and spider covers are favorites of mine. My avatar, as you probably know, is from TTA 31. I THINK it is my favorite mummy cover from the pre-heroes, but can onl;y think of 3: JIM 61 (Gomdulla), TTA 8 (Mummex) and TTA 31 ("mummy").

Anyone know of other Atlas post-code mummy covers?????