• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

RJ Long/Portsmouth copy of one of my favorites.....this one might get slabbed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

STRANGE%20TALES%2097rjl.jpg

Man I hope you have a reader copy so you can prop up that slab while you read! My favorite pre-hero ST. Who ever knew Peter Parker started life as a mermaid?! Sweet book!

Peter Parker sister. :sumo:

So you are saying Peter Parker was a merman. :sumo::sumo:

I always wondered why AF 15 slabs point out first app. uncle Ben and Aunt May when this book is obviously their first app.

I am in the market for an ST 97, had to sell mine during a "going out of fun" sale a couple years back.

Edited by Tempus Fugit

RJ Long/Portsmouth copy of one of my favorites.....this one might get slabbed. GOD BLESS...

Man I hope you have a reader copy so you can prop up that slab while you read! My favorite pre-hero ST. Who ever knew Peter Parker started life as a mermaid?! Sweet book!

I actually have two high grades now..... a CGC 7.5 that may be nicer than this if not for a small stain in the upper right (CGC hammers stains) and this one, which seems like an 8.5/9.0 in hand but would press higher. It's a favorite of mine as well, but I can't afford to keep two copies..... I just have to decide which one goes. GOD BLESS....

Finally found a decent copy.......It's a book I've never owned, until now.....

strangetales71.JPG

:applause:

...this is such a hard book to find in any kind of shape....congrats. GOD BLESS...

Peter Parker sister. :sumo:

So you are saying Peter Parker was a merman. :sumo::sumo:

:idea::sumo:

Finally found a decent copy.......It's a book I've never owned, until now.....

strangetales71.JPG

:applause:

...this is such a hard book to find in any kind of shape....congrats. GOD BLESS...

And a Jack Davis cover!

A good-hearted and generous board member asked me, out of the blue (get it?) if I would like a copy of JIUW 55. (silly question - who wouldn't?).

Got it today and it is mighty sweet!

jiuw55_zpsd84tiicn.jpg

So I notice there is a second book in the package as well, which is:

jim73_zpsdkffscuz.jpg

Totally unexpected. Now the JIM 73 does have a small coupon cut out on the interior but nonetheless it is a very pretty book that hearkens back to my penchant for spider covers. These are two books I will always keep! The generosity of folks here can be startling!

PS - my newly forming pre-hero collection is now up to nine books!

Nice books! Titano is classic pre-hero look but Goom is, well, kind of hard to put a handle on. Probably the oddest looking of the monsters. I need to find one for myself!!!

I always liked Goom and was glad to find a nice presenting fn/vf at Ted's booth.

Edited by gojira

I'm betting Goom is the next "break out" monster.

Or Colossus.

My money would be on Colossus, and TOS #14 already commands a bit of a premium because of his first appearance.

It would be nice for a change that books I already own "break out". Usually it's the other way around. lol

What, no love for "Spragg, The Dirt Clod That LIVED !"........ (shrug) GOD BLESS....

Now that's no way to talk about the Conqueror Of The Human Race! (tsk)

...what's funny is, if I remember the story, he actually WAS a dirt clod that lived lol GOD BLESS...