• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

Jut received this.

2qva0p1.jpg

Nice ! Cool perspective on the cover - I like the image of the city & lightning thru the sky light.

Only see 8 total in the CGC census - good pickup!

-bc

This was a Buy It Now and the price came down from $49.00 to $42.00 and after a JIM 27 in VG just sold on eBay for $188.00 I said I better pick it up before it is gone.

Edited by marvelmaniac

I'd love to see a clearer picture of the ST #4!

Welcome to the boards!If you scroll back a bit here you will see a bunch of my books...we have very similar collections...but ive no TOS #1 yet!Have a sweet ST #1 though...

If i ever get the PC working again ill send you some pms!

Jimmers

Strange Tales #1, NICE!!!

Strange Tales #1 is on my want list so we will see if one day...

Again,the TOS #1 was a Christmas Gift.

Here is a clearer pic of ST #4.

30wb0ar.jpg

Edited by marvelmaniac

I posted this before. But there seems to be a few more new members and fans of this thread who may enjoy it. :headbang:

94b4af3099fa4b51de4d102014a0e75d_zps78a39064.jpg

Every time I see this shot I'm reminded that you need to get that Strange Worlds #1 graded so it fits in with the others! :baiting:

Awesome!!!! :cloud9:

I posted this before. But there seems to be a few more new members and fans of this thread who may enjoy it. :headbang:

94b4af3099fa4b51de4d102014a0e75d_zps78a39064.jpg[/img]

Every time I see this shot I'm reminded that you need to get that Strange Worlds #1 graded so it fits in with the others! :baiting:

Or - he could free the other 5 :grin:

Nice group shot of all the first issues!

-bc

I think that Amaz Adult Fantasy 7 should be in the pic. The title and focus of the magazine was different and they only continued the numbering in order to not have to pay for a new mailing permit from the post office.

I think that Amaz Adult Fantasy 7 should be in the pic. The title and focus of the magazine was different and they only continued the numbering in order to not have to pay for a new mailing permit from the post office.

And there is no World of Fantasy issue represented (shrug)

-bc

AMAZING!!! (No Applause Icon So...) Woot, Woot, Woot!!! Encore, Encore!!!

Edited by marvelmaniac

:golfclap:

I'll see your :golfclap: and raise you a :applause::applause:

Where did you find those?

Also, a question if anybody has an answer or theory I am all ears.

Over the past couple of years the lower numbered JIM books(before the prototype issues)have increased in price dramatically, selling 2-4 times over guide(even lower grade books) which I chalked up to increased popularity(why???) rarity, etc, however...

I have been keeping track of what these books are selling for so I can try to judge the market but something just happened over the last 2 weeks on eBay that has me baffled and upset I did not bid.

On 6/7...

JIM issue # 23 in GD+ sold for $120.55

JIM issue # 24 in VG- sold for $110.50.

Today 6/17 those same issues sold for...

JIM issue #23 in VG sold for $49.00

JIM issue #24 in VG sold for $46.00

How do you explain the differences in price over a 2 week period and how do you judge the market with that much of a difference?

Over the past couple of years the lower numbered JIM books(before the prototype issues)have increased in price dramatically, selling 2-4 times over guide(even lower grade books) which I chalked up to increased popularity(why???) rarity, etc, however...

I have been keeping track of what these books are selling for so I can try to judge the market but something just happened over the last 2 weeks on eBay that has me baffled and upset I did not bid.

On 6/7...

How do you explain the differences in price over a 2 week period and how do you judge the market with that much of a difference?

JIM (and ST) have people putting together runs. Once the high bidder gets the hole filled, the underbidder will temporarily have less competition. Also, with eBay, grading standards and seller reputations can vary widely. Those last two VG" sales may be weak VG's...... if even VG at all. Could also just be a lucky day for someone. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

On 6/7...

The emoticons can be found in the smiley button on the top row of the reply screen. Make sure you're on the full reply screen and you'll see it.

I was fortunate enough to snag the JIM #43 yesterday, I think from the seller you are talking about. I bid on a few but only got the one book. I think it is overgraded as the VG/F it was listed at, due to the near detachment of the cover at the lower staple, but I like the eye appeal at the price. As for what it says about the market, I have to agree with the post above. eBay is still an inefficient market even though it doesn't seem like it should be, and stuff sells for wacky prices (high and low) all the time. If you're vigilant occasionally you'll snag one of the low ones. I'm sure I miss books all the time, a side effect of sleeping, work, and a social life. I'm just happy for the ones I get.

-bc

Yeah that would make this group shot better.....wish I could......oh wait. I can.

(The Strange Worlds 1 is raw....and being my collection is a mess....I can't find it right now. :tonofbricks: )

d51f0197d050844c1761abd6eedf0100_zpsdhavv8y7.jpg[/img]

-bc

Yeah that would make this group shot better.....wish I could......oh wait. I can.

(The Strange Worlds 1 is raw....and being my collection is a mess....I can't find it right now. :tonofbricks: )

d51f0197d050844c1761abd6eedf0100_zpsdhavv8y7.jpg

You mean you don't have all forty gazillion books from the past 50 years perfectly organized?! Oh the shame you must feel! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

:jokealert: