• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

lol

I wish I had the space, patience, foresight, and budget to do what you have done.

Just keep filling in comics you need. I did not set out 30+ years ago to buy every Marvel....just always enjoyed filling in sets and it turned into a pretty cool Marvel collection. Plus OCD helped out a lot. :tonofbricks:

I also kinda burnt out, I have bought one comic since last October. :cry:

I also kinda burnt out, I have bought one comic since last October. :cry:

I hear 'ya, I'm finding that I'm getting into a purge mode after being on a bit of a spree. I keep trying to refocus down to my "core collection" of Spidey stuff and pre-hero, but there is always something shiny that catches my eye. I've got quite a few undercopies and non-core stuff to sell off here in the next couple of months to generate some funds for core stuff.

:golfclap:

I'll see your :golfclap: and raise you a :applause::applause:

Where did you find those?

Also, a question if anybody has an answer or theory I am all ears.

Over the past couple of years the lower numbered JIM books(before the prototype issues)have increased in price dramatically, selling 2-4 times over guide(even lower grade books) which I chalked up to increased popularity(why???) rarity, etc, however...

I have been keeping track of what these books are selling for so I can try to judge the market but something just happened over the last 2 weeks on eBay that has me baffled and upset I did not bid.

On 6/7...

JIM issue # 23 in GD+ sold for $120.55

JIM issue # 24 in VG- sold for $110.50.

Today 6/17 those same issues sold for...

JIM issue #23 in VG sold for $49.00

JIM issue #24 in VG sold for $46.00

How do you explain the differences in price over a 2 week period and how do you judge the market with that much of a difference?

The emoticons can be found in the smiley button on the top row of the reply screen. Make sure you're on the full reply screen and you'll see it.

I was fortunate enough to snag the JIM #43 yesterday, I think from the seller you are talking about. I bid on a few but only got the one book. I think it is overgraded as the VG/F it was listed at, due to the near detachment of the cover at the lower staple, but I like the eye appeal at the price. As for what it says about the market, I have to agree with the post above. eBay is still an inefficient market even though it doesn't seem like it should be, and stuff sells for wacky prices (high and low) all the time. If you're vigilant occasionally you'll snag one of the low ones. I'm sure I miss books all the time, a side effect of sleeping, work, and a social life. I'm just happy for the ones I get.

yup or you can also

just type

"golfclap" with colons instead of quotation marks

or

"applause" again with colons instead of quotation marks

Yeah that would make this group shot better.....wish I could......oh wait. I can.

(The Strange Worlds 1 is raw....and being my collection is a mess....I can't find it right now. :tonofbricks: )

d51f0197d050844c1761abd6eedf0100_zpsdhavv8y7.jpg

Well-played, BAF! (worship)

I had a feeling you had the "missing" books.

I posted this before. But there seems to be a few more new members and fans of this thread who may enjoy it. :headbang:

Every time I see this shot I'm reminded that you need to get that Strange Worlds #1 graded so it fits in with the others! :baiting:

I think that Amaz Adult Fantasy 7 should be in the pic. The title and focus of the magazine was different and they only continued the numbering in order to not have to pay for a new mailing permit from the post office.

And there is no World of Fantasy issue represented (shrug)

-bc

I think that Amaz Adult Fantasy 7 should be in the pic. The title and focus of the magazine was different and they only continued the numbering in order to not have to pay for a new mailing permit from the post office.

Yeah that would make this group shot better.....wish I could......oh wait. I can.

(The Strange Worlds 1 is raw....and being my collection is a mess....I can't find it right now. :tonofbricks: )

d51f0197d050844c1761abd6eedf0100_zpsdhavv8y7.jpg[/img]

Well played and just amazing pic !!! :cloud9:

Thank you very much for sharing !

-bc

Sweet! :applause: That's my old copy and formerly Bob Overstreet's.

:whistle:

Now secured in the vault:

jim69_zpswqumazf6.jpg

-bc

:o(worship):cloud9:

Holy Gimp Dr. X !

That's some really outstanding books/runs ya got there and the display is great!

Congrats and thank you very much for sharing the quality pics!

-bc

Great books! Great way to display them! :applause: