• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

This issue has RORGG, KING OF THE SPIDER MONSTERS...my favorite pre-hero story!

JIM_64.jpg

Nice Ditko cover!

JIM_67.jpg

For some reason, I really like this cover..I like the reprint cover Gil Kane did even better in CREATURES ON THE LOOSE #15!

JIM_68.jpg

Edited by AtlasFan

I wonder if any of AS's WM copies would get a 9.6. I know there have been a couple WM graded 9.4 TTA 13,15 and 19. And a JIM 62.
I suspect that a few would.

From what I've seen, AS, you have one of the coolest, most ecclectic collections out there....and some may be worth more than these, but your prehero stock is certainly my favorite segment of your accumulation. Then again....I might have to change my mind if I found out you had a sweet copy of Lars of Mars 11 in one of your short boxes. With you, Bill , cheetah, and Rick Starr posting.....I check this thread daily. Thanks for taking the time, guys. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I"m afraid to even post my meager books here anymore lol. I know I've posted this one before, but I had to bring it up again. Its getting slabbed come April if CGC is doing on-site at the big con in Chicago.

DRX

talesofsuspense15.jpg

I wonder if any of AS's WM copies would get a 9.6. I know there have been a couple WM graded 9.4 TTA 13,15 and 19. And a JIM 62.

From what I've seen, AS, you have one of the coolest, most ecclectic collections out there....and some may be worth more than these, but your prehero stock is certainly my favorite segment of your accumulation. Then again....I might have to change my mind if I found out you had a sweet copy of Lars of Mars 11 in one of your short boxes. With you, Bill , cheetah, and Rick Starr posting.....I check this thread daily. Thanks for taking the time, guys. GOD BLESS...

:whistle:

LarsMars11big.jpg

Now, back to our regularly scheduled prehero thread.

:whistle:

LarsMars11big.jpg

Now, back to our regularly scheduled prehero thread.

Now, THAT, sir, is a comic book. I had a feeling you might have one. GOD BLESS...

The first pedigree book I ever owned was the Cosmic Aeroplane copy of that issue (long since sold) that I purchased from an Ernie Gerber auction. It was the Photojournal that plut that book on my list as my eyes stopped on that book the very first time I perused those volumes.

Nice copy of the 10 Cheetah! I have seen a handful of nice copies of the 11 so they are out there.

The first pedigree book I ever owned was the Cosmic Aeroplane copy of that issue (long since sold) that I purchased from an Ernie Gerber auction. It was the Photojournal that plut that book on my list as my eyes stopped on that book the very first time I perused those volumes.

Nice copy of the 10 Cheetah! I have seen a handful of nice copies of the 11 so they are out there.

Metro just listed the Cosmic Aeroplane copy not long ago @ $ 975 ....it's a stunner....wish we were still getting OT at work, I'd be all over it. Thanks for posting yours AS. Maybe I'll get lucky and a nice Fine will turn up. That's a book that really needs to be sharp for full impact. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

Man, what great books you guys are posting. :golfclap:

Here are a few more that I picked up from the Connect (Metro) auction last month.

ST40.jpg

Wow...I have never seen that cover before..what a beaut!

Yes this was a great pick up. :headbang:

I've only seen one other copy of this book...so there can't be very many of this issue out there!!! Well done!!!! :applause:

Back from dinner, and always willing to oblige

ST-067-85rosland.jpg

Beautiful. If it's the same book, I remember bidding on this a few years ago at, I think, Heritage: 8.5, white pages, perfect registration -- a real gem.

I believe it to be an historically significant book as a first hint of the Marvel Age --- the first Lee/Kirby/Ditko/Heck book of the long running series. (thumbs u