• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

Anybody got a sweet Tales of Suspense 32 that they would like to share????:shy:

Sure, I can share...the image that is!

TOS_32.jpg

TOS #32 -- THE MAN IN THE BEE-HIVE is one of my favorite stories. The mutant Farnsworth would have made such a good early SA villian -- I wonder if he was ever retconned into current Marvel continuity?

TOS_32.jpg

TOS #32 -- THE MAN IN THE BEE-HIVE is one of my favorite stories. The mutant Farnsworth would have made such a good early SA villian -- I wonder if he was ever retconned into current Marvel continuity?

Do you think when Hank Pym switched over to the Yellow Jacket that this try out was used as referance for that idea?

TOS_32.jpg

Do you think when Hank Pym switched over to the Yellow Jacket that this try out was used as referance for that idea?

Nah, I dont think so. In the story, the anti-hero Farnsworth is really a telepath that can induce illusions/project his will over other living beings. The story leaves it kind of up in the air if the antagonist (who was trying to rob Farnsworth) really shrunk down and was trapped in the bee-hive.

As promised, from Heritage:

tos2.jpg

Great Ditko cover (worship)

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! Seriously...KS your pre-Hero set is approaching the RIDICULOUS level! CONGRATS, brotha! :headbang:

Thanks guys!! I think its 6 more books to finish the run. Early on someone asked if I was trying to put together the whole Prehero TOS run + I replied something like, "No, just trying to pick up some sweet books". Darn completionist tendencies!!! doh!lol

It was great to go through this entire thread and see such beautiful books...thanks all for posting their pics!

Much like the DC War books thread, this has sparked my interest in getting one or two of these in nice condition ASAP...I have to stop reading these threads or I'll go broke!

The Marvel Masterworks are a great way to go....or you can do like me and just get a few of your favorites. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

The Marvel Masterworks are a great way to go....or you can do like me and just get a few of your favorites. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

What I would like to do is get 2 copies of each issue I buy...one low grade for reading and the other a high grade copy for show.

Books like the Marvel Masterworks are great, but there is nothing like reading the original comics, ads and all.

tos7.jpg

Thats a great book...and a toughie to find in 7.0 or above. Gotta love a good lava monster...

Absolutely beautiful copy! :headbang:

BTW...what are all those random people doing at the lip of a volcano?? :insane:(shrug)lol

tos7.jpg

Thats a great book...and a toughie to find in 7.0 or above. Gotta love a good lava monster...

Absolutely beautiful copy! :headbang:

BTW...what are all those random people doing at the lip of a volcano?? :insane:(shrug)lol

its really quite obvious...they are volcano divers! :whee: