• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

90 posts in this topic

I recently started collecting all of my old favorites for $50-250 each...

I've collected what I have been able to find, all in CGC SS 9.8-9.9.

I'm missing 4-5 books, but I haven't been able to find them, but I've got THE ITCH!

I was bored Sunday, stalking the bay...

A far more recent modern has been on my mind lately... Peter Panzerfaust.

Now I have never spent more than $250 before on my SS 9.8s, but PP is $600-700 in that condition.

So... I decided maaaaaybe I can have ONE blue slab in my collection, so I started looking at 9.8s unsigned.

Even an unsigned copy can go for $500, TWICE what I paid for my favorite book.

I noticed a blue 9.6 was ending and I bid $251 thinking surely I would lose, but I didn't. I won.

I do love PP, but the thought of adding a blue 9.6 to my collection of yellow 9.8s is unacceptable.

I regret the bid!!! I should have spent the extra $ for the 9.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've posted to trade someone the 9.6 + $ for a 9.8, but no takers.

WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO

I've never sold anything on Ebay or the boards and I wouldn't know how to pack a book to save my life.

WHHHYYYYYYY

CURSE YOU 9.6!

:ohnoez:

I'm in Houston, somebody DO SOMETHING!

Great poem.

I'm missing 4-5 books, but I haven't been able to find them, but I've got THE ITCH!

Now I have never spent more than $250 before on my SS 9.8s, but PP is $600-700 in that condition.

So... I decided maaaaaybe I can have ONE blue slab in my collection, so I started looking at 9.8s unsigned.

I noticed a blue 9.6 was ending and I bid $251 thinking surely I would lose, but I didn't. I won.

I do love PP, but the thought of adding a blue 9.6 to my collection of yellow 9.8s is unacceptable.

WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO

I've never sold anything on Ebay or the boards and I wouldn't know how to pack a book to save my life.

WHHHYYYYYYY

CURSE YOU 9.6!

Pfft. Amateur level up. Get back to me when you have a modern 9.4 SS non-sketch cover in your collection. :baiting:

Seriously, at this point you have no other choice but to burn the 9.6 slab and post the video here. Anything less and the Gods of 9.8 will curse you and your offspring for life (thumbs u

See? If the 9.6 is really nice... try getting a SS yourself with it.

Who knows??

(thumbs u

-slym

+1. And even if it stays 9.6, you might find it has some special place in your heart and collection since you fetched the signature yourself

Seriously, at this point you have no other choice but to burn the 9.6 slab and post the video here. Anything less and the Gods of 9.8 will curse you and your offspring for life (thumbs u

Better burn that drek in your signature then.

That's SA! SA doesn't have to be 9.8, duh!

lol I see. Carry on.

Whew... I was almost going to toss out the silver ASM's I have. The highest I have in my collection is 9.6.

I am afraid of pressing after the horror stories of improper pressing I've read about.

I see the propaganda machine is working as planned. meh

WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO

WHHHYYYYYYY

CURSE YOU 9.6!

this is a great post, there needs to be a posting hall of fame and this one could fit right in. :headbang:

and as far as your problem goes, don't bid on 9.6's! now take your book and learn from your mistakes.

I had a 9.6 modern that I got signed and it came back a 9.8... No press... You could try it- you never know.

And if it comes back 9.4 then the real fun begins.

Oh man that'd be great.

The crazy thing is my 9.8 was a book I'd bought off the shelf when I was younger. I probably read it 10-15 times. But it was the heavier stock on the old USM issues that probably kept the grade.