• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-Pro

106 posts in this topic

I recently bought the Slab-Pro silicone cases and they are awesome! I am really impressed with these and will now have all of my CGC's in one. Johnny (Slab-Pro) took care of me very well!!! I took a quick pick, sorry its not a close up of one:

325cc747-4984-4346-b345-1ce63cc542b6_zpsd90b274f.jpg

:grin:

Yea I have some, they come in different colors to match with the slabs color, blue-universal, yellow-sig,and such the only problem I have with them is that they don't fit exactly and will have a little bulge since there a little big. I also have their UV Ray protection sheet that you put on the slab(DON'T GET IT!!!) It will not fit accurately,(again to big) have pockets of air bubbles since it wont fit and have every little piece of dust stick to it, and make your slab look dirty. Then again this is only my opinion, so if you want it go for it. 2c

I would STRONGLY recommend bringing one with you when you go to shows. I always have one of those along with a bubble mailer (the size that CLink packages their books with) so that if I pick up something of value at a con or a show, that offers the extra protection that I want when traveling back home through the subway.

They are great.

It's my understanding that the slabs are deliberately designed to NOT be air tight and allow gases from the aging paper to escape. Wouldn't these edge bumpers essentially act like a seal and put a stop to that?

Also I have noticed some damage on slabs I have brought from auctions that is caused by rubbing from shelving or stacking them without bubble in between each slab while shipping.

Nothing extreme, just small chips in the exact same places on each slab.

I wonder how much they are....brb.

Not too bad.....might get 3-5 for display purposes and comic cons.

On a related note - and something to make note of. I purchased a CGC graded Star Trek 1 8.0 on eBay about a year ago. It arrived in one of these or something just like it - and wasn't pictured in the auction.

Looking at it for a few minutes I decided it was 1) a rather sad looking 8.0 and 2) that the vinyl bumper took up too much space. When I removed it, I found the two bottom posts completely broken and the top left post and corner had stress cracks all about it.

The seller - who of course advertised no returns accepted - did not respond to two emails. So I opened a buyer protection claim and about a week later he had the book and I had my money back + free shipping to him.

So if you get these already on a book your buying, slip them off to inspect the CGC holder. These can be put on to hide defects to the CGC holder and maybe a swap job.

Yea I have some, they come in different colors to match with the slabs color, blue-universal, yellow-sig,and such the only problem I have with them is that they don't fit exactly and will have a little bulge since there a little big. I also have their UV Ray protection sheet that you put on the slab(DON'T GET IT!!!) It will not fit accurately,(again to big) have pockets of air bubbles since it wont fit and have every little piece of dust stick to it, and make your slab look dirty. Then again this is only my opinion, so if you want it go for it. 2c

Mine fit nicely, there is a slight bulge at the top. When stacking, this disappears. I think its due to how small the silicone is that is around the top CGC label. I bought all black... just like them better.