• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sexual Harassment at Comic-Con?

367 posts in this topic

This whole "Dangerous things happen on the subway too" argument seems completely invalid to me. Comic conventions are not public transportation. Public transportation is going to be inhabited by poor people, homeless people, crazy people, drug addicts, and people who lost their license due to poor choices and are now forced to ride the bus. It's the nature of public transportation. Sure, some regular people who happen to have a stop near their home and near their work are going to use it too, but most won't. People who don't live in dumpsters and spend their last cent on heroin tend to have cars. They also tend to have the funds for tickets to Comicon, which should have considerably less heroin addicts, homeless, and gang members attending.

I've never heard of a woman complaining about unwanted physical contact or being stalked by an attendee at a lowrider car show. At lest there isn't an annual article about it. Those women dress up sexy and pose for pictures too, why isn't the crowd getting all creepy "follow you home" with those girls?

ofdpv4.jpg

lol That's some keen observationing there m'man!

People have to use a bit more sense.

How about grown men use some sense and not creep all over girls? Again, why is it ALWAYS THE BURDEN OF THE COSPLAYERS to have "sense"? How about the sense involved in not grabbing a strangers butt uninvited?

If an attendee is trying to organize his wallet, and someone snatches cash right out of his hand and runs for it, should we not hold the person stealing the cash responsible because it wasn't the best sense in the world for the victim to be waving cash around so many people?

Jeez man, the burden is on both parties!! Why is that hard to fathom? Cosplay girl, you're in this world alone. The person looking out for you most is you. :shrug:

Guy flashing your money around ... it's more likely to get stolen when you're waving it in everyone's face. doh!

I said this exact thing several pages ago. But in these discussions, the focus is always on the cosplayer's burden and not the people around her.

Nah, the focus is on "It's all his fault!! It's all her fault!!!"

This whole "Dangerous things happen on the subway too" argument seems completely invalid to me. Comic conventions are not public transportation. Public transportation is going to be inhabited by poor people, homeless people, crazy people, drug addicts, and people who lost their license due to poor choices and are now forced to ride the bus. It's the nature of public transportation. Sure, some regular people who happen to have a stop near their home and near their work are going to use it too, but most won't. People who don't live in dumpsters and spend their last cent on heroin tend to have cars. They also tend to have the funds for tickets to Comicon, which should have considerably less heroin addicts, homeless, and gang members attending.

I've never heard of a woman complaining about unwanted physical contact or being stalked by an attendee at a lowrider car show. At lest there isn't an annual article about it. Those women dress up sexy and pose for pictures too, why isn't the crowd getting all creepy "follow you home" with those girls?

ofdpv4.jpg

Aren't many serial killers, rapists, etc. middle-class, or well off?

I'm pretty sure the homeless, addicts, and gang members usually have their foot in different types of crime.

then get uppity when someone snaps a pic of the motorized octopus squirming out their backside (shrug)

Inappropriate touching should be prosecuted, but a person has a right to photograph anything or anyone that's in public view. Freelance photographers take candid pictures of people all the time.

I hear that Lou Ferigno would disagree with you.

:whistle:

You hear wrong. Lou's a great guy.

102_0202_zps401e4a9c.jpg

I heard he ALWAYS gives 110%.