• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this site for adults or for anyone?

497 posts in this topic

Why don't the mods remove Burt's pubic hair? If it were Reese Witherspoon's pubic hair, it wouldn't last long.

I think anyone (and I know you can Andrew) Transplant and everyone else...should be free, just curse and show naked pictures of naked women at home...

I just had this image of a raging man cursing around his (empty) home waving pictures of naked women… until he realizes Marvel‘s Big Brother™ (the entity invoked by Guardians of the Galaxy when Iron Man asks too many questions) is watching him… :insane:

The thread is devolving from pictures of red-blooded American girls in wet t-shirts to hairy dudes on the internet. The humanity!

I was kidding around. I don't actually have much interest in posting a bunch of naked pictures of women or cursing for the sake of cursing. It's all about context. I don't think anyone should come here and be bombarded with naked women. This isn't the place for that.

Giving people strikes for using certain words in a context that is not malicious, or in any way attacking someone, while at the same time permitting members to be trolled by passive-aggressive douchebaggery, is inconsistent and silly.

The question is what are you trying to accomplish by abolishing swear words? If the answer is to foster a harmonious environment, giving someone a strike for posting the word bull-feces at no one and in a non-malicious manner - while at the same time taking no action against the subtle, agenda-driven, passive aggressive trolling that happens here on a regular basis - is completely missing the mark. Then the rules lose purpose and become arbitrary restrictions that stifle the unique personality of this place and its members.

I knew you were kidding and I HOPE you know I was...

My guess is, that it's not so easy to be consistent with a board this size and with so many different people.

Too many variables and too many people kvetching.

Kind of like have 10,000 kids who all say MA!! Look what HE/SHE did;).

The spooned words were here before I got here. I never even thought there needed to be more, but there are such innovative people who keep coming up with ways around the filters.

The Filters are CGC's...it would seem reasonable for guests here to kind of respect them...they are not our parents, just hosts of a board.

As for the naked people, I guess as long as someone willing posed, I don't care much..I don't like it when someone makes fun of someone in a picture, I think it's mean..those I will get upset about....but my feelings are not the same as those of some others, so I personally would not want to offend them.

Notice *I* did not post Burt...because I knew YOU were here, Andrew ...and he upsets you;)