• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very early The Crow reboot Poster at SDCC

14 posts in this topic

Where's are resident crow expert Bosco when you need him? :cry:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/18/very-early-poster-for-the-crow-reboot-new-details-fresh-from-comic-con/

O’Barr, the creator of the original comics, said that he’s supporting the new film because of director Gutierrez’ take on the material. Shock ‘Til You Drop quote O’Barr as saying:

What Javier told me was that he wanted to go back to the source material. Be as faithful as possible which would make it something entirely different. Proyas’ film is stunning and stylized. I mean that in a good way. Nothing negative about it. Going back to the original book and keeping it grounded and realistic and dirty and gritty, it really appealed to me. Even so much as to carrying over the visual metaphors like horses and trains – where the street signs always say No Exit or One Way. Exploring it with a different attitude appealed to me.

I think this property should be handed over to director Fede Alvarez.

His take on the new Evil Dead movie was fantastic I thought... and I'm a huge fan of the original.

Boscoe gets back sometime today... lets hear what he has to say about it since he is 100% "all Crow, all the time" .

He probably was the person interviewing O'Barr in SD ;)

Me... not a big fan. I thought the first movie was okay, a dark cult film made even more cool because of Brandon Lee... but there really isn't anything original about the whole concept.

I mean, a man is killed by a gang of thugs and comes back from the dead to exact revenge. That hasn't been new since the 1950's. Hopefully they add more to the plot... a whole lot more.

:popcorn:

Welcome back! :applause:

Thanks Dave.

:luhv:

YAY!!!!!!

Bosco is back :whee:

We missed you :foryou:

Thanks Sarah.

Got some great quality time with the family, including a nice trip to the local Children's Museum.

:whee: