• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: A True Pre-Code Grail- Weird Mysteries 5 CGC 6.0 OW/W-PRICE REDUCED

25 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Well, I am going to try and do something that I wasn't sure I ever would, sell some of my best books. I am getting to a point in my life where books don't seem to bring me the joy that they used to. I have taken extended breaks before, but this time feels and is, different.

With that said, I have decided to put my WM5 on the market. It is not cheap, but I am sure those who "know", will understand. I am typing this on my phone, so I will not be able to post any scans until later this evening, but I have posted pics of it here on the boards numerous times...so some of you are familiar with it. However, I will add the pics as soon as I can later today.

The last nice copy that sold was a 6.5 OW Northford ped that used to belong to Nic Cage. It sold for 6760 if I remember correctly. My copy is not a ped, but does have OW/W pages, and comes in a hair under at 6.0. Those of you looking for this book realize how tough it is to find in this condition. Add the fact that it contains what many consider the best Pre-Code Horror cover ever, as well as an awesome Basil Wolverton story.

My asking price is 6000.00 shipped. I would ask that payment be either by bank draft, or personal check if I know you. I think that my record here on the boards speaks for itself, but if you need references, I am sure a few fine folks would step forward for me. I am open to a 2 month time payment plan as well.

I hate to sell it, but the benefit to my family outweighs 60 year old newsprint. I apologize for not posting pics now, but I wanted to offer the book before I talked myself out of it. Please pm me with any questions. Thanks.

Scott

To those of you who don't know him, Scott is one of the best guys on the boards and practically the first person to befriend me when I joined.

Most of us know this doesn't need saying, but he is completely reliable and trustworthy.

He's offering a great book here - very pretty for the given grade, and no doubt at fair market value.

I don't give this one long before it sells...