• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A thanks to boardies

29 posts in this topic

About a year and a half ago I started a themed collection (January 30th 2012 to be exact).

It was fun hunting down the books, and finding new ones to add. Even more fun was getting sales "heads up" and "hey what about this book for your collection" PMs and posts from lots of you guys/gals. It was a great way to carve out a little niche in the hobby and meet lots of you.

Here's one last look at my Ladies in White before they are released back into the wild to help fund my next venture:

xdnvd2J.jpg

And yes I'm keeping a couple, the Neal Adams SS HOS88, and the Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #4 with the beautiful Cardy cover.

I'll always have my scans, and my journal of the 1.5 years working on the collection. Serious thanks to those who pointed books my way to help make my set complete over the years... to bad CGC never allowed for custom set creation on the census!

:applause:

(worship)

I don't have the collecting attention span to do a set, so I am always impressed by Boardies who have the discipline to see one through.

That's cool man, those are great covers. Too bad you aren't keeping them, but an awesome set nonetheless.

:applause:

(worship)

I don't have the collecting attention span to do a set, so I am always impressed by Boardies who have the discipline to see one through.

+1

Could never focus.

It's a cool set as I am always impressed by the sets that are self designed. It reminds me of the Paratroopers set that he broke up last year. Any clue as to what the next venture will be?

Does CGC not allow for custom set creation ever?

I think your set is very cool, wish I could come up with a 'creative' set to collect as an aside to ASM...

No regrets about moving it along? Any hints as to the next venture (assuming it is comic related)?

It's a cool set as I am always impressed by the sets that are self designed. It reminds me of the Paratroopers set that he broke up last year. Any clue as to what the next venture will be?

Para's set is the gold standard to me for this type of stuff.

I cant start giving away clues about my next theme, it'll just drive up the asking price for all those books with Men wearing Ascots!

[i've said too much!]

I think your set is very cool, wish I could come up with a 'creative' set to collect as an aside to ASM...

No regrets about moving it along? Any hints as to the next venture (assuming it is comic related)?

thanks for the kudos, no CGC wont do custom sets, so my set collection in the census was 1-4 books by title, never having a shot at being "the best" in any of them really (outside of Dark Mansion which had a high percentage of Ladies in White)

For CGC to create a non-title specific set there needs to be mutltiple people collecting it (like first appearances, or Silver Age #1 issues, etc) For singular collections like Para, or me, we just cobble our own sets together.

Im sure I'll have some regrets about selling it, but I'll keep my scans, and there's always my CGC journal showing my set progress... And Im holding onto two books that I just cant part with (HOS88 Neal Adams SS, the grandaddy of Gothic Horror covers, and my Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #4 by Nick Cardy)

My new theme? Im not saying... don't want to get price gouged on my new Bestiality collection... [there I go again spilling the beans!]

Absolutely amazing. Why break it up? Why not add instead of subtract?

Peace,

Chip

Finite Space & Finite $$s.

If I had more of both, they'd stay with me.

But alas I do not. So my hobby continues to fund my hobby.

Para's set is the gold standard to me for this type of stuff.

I cant start giving away clues about my next theme, it'll just drive up the asking price for all those books with Men wearing Ascots!

[i've said too much!]

:applause: and.... lollol about your hint

thanks for the kudos, no CGC wont do custom sets, so my set collection in the census was 1-4 books by title, never having a shot at being "the best" in any of them really (outside of Dark Mansion which had a high percentage of Ladies in White)

For CGC to create a non-title specific set there needs to be mutltiple people collecting it (like first appearances, or Silver Age #1 issues, etc) For singular collections like Para, or me, we just cobble our own sets together.

Im sure I'll have some regrets about selling it, but I'll keep my scans, and there's always my CGC journal showing my set progress... And Im holding onto two books that I just cant part with (HOS88 Neal Adams SS, the grandaddy of Gothic Horror covers, and my Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #4 by Nick Cardy)

My new theme? Im not saying... don't want to get price gouged on my new Bestiality collection... [there I go again spilling the beans!]

Wasn't there supposed to be an update about a year ago where you could create custom sets and record books that were raw (no points)? Think the coin registry got the update.

Think I'll post in ask cgc... hm