• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventure Comics #283 / 1st Appearance of General Zod and the Phantom Zone SOLD

13 posts in this topic

Just 1 book today. Seems to be a nice SA DC to have in your collection.

Pay Pal is fine and shipping is FREE in the USA. Anywhere else in the world I will pay half.

Book if flat and complete with minor edge wear. Back cover has a dust shadow, some foxing along the spine and a Mar 2 1961 date stamp. Pages are typical SA DC crème.

I'm calling it a 5.0 and asking $235 or Best Offer. SOLD

Appearing in "The Phantom Superboy"

Featured Characters:

◾Superboy

Supporting Characters:

◾Jonathan Kent

◾Martha Kent

◾Lana Lang

Villains:

◾Dr. Xadu (First appearance) (flashback only)

◾General Zod Next (flashback only) (First appearance)

Other Characters:

◾Lewis Lang

◾Krypto

Locations:

◾Smallville ◾Kent General Store

◾Phantom Zone (First appearance)

Items:

◾Phantom Zone Projector (First appearance)

Synopsis for "The Phantom Superboy"

A cache of Kryptonian weapons, including a Phantom Zone Projector, falls to Earth. Superboy learns of the Phantom Zone’s existence and how Kryptonian criminals were sent into it by a mental playback device in a helmet from the weapons cache. A lizard accidentally triggers the projector and sends Superboy into the Phantom Zone, but he manages to telekinetically write a message to Jonathan Kent on an electric typewriter. Jonathan finds the projector and releases Superboy from the Zone.

scan0001_zps19252ff2.jpg

scan0002_zpsfae61bd6.jpg

GLWTS.

Interesting thing is that Zod was really an obscure secondary or even tertiary villain/character in the DC universe until Richard Donner came along with Superman/Superman II. The character had only appeared in a handful of books as a minor character until about 1977 when he did a small arc story in action 471-472-473 with the debut of Faora.

Terrance Stamps' performance was awesome in those movies and brought the character to the forefront. Michael Shannon's performance will only help cement his longevity in other media as well as there is just something about watching Superman go against foes that can really push him physically.

This book is gaining a lot of interest lately... hm

Great colors on that copy!

Agreed - I picked up a few mid-grade copies of it within the last couple years. One of the few times I have bought a book at the right time lol