• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

"thats why Peter Panzerfaust has such high print runs for issues 9 and 10, because of the speculators"

Shows Chart

"Actually issue #9 was the introduction of a new character and #10, the highest printed issue Peter Panzerfaust had a rob guillory variant and a C2E2 variant that are included in those numbers, therefore negating your point, and makes your chart reinforce my point"

"NO YOU"RE WRONG, YOU"RE ALWAYS WRONG, I AM RIGHT FOREVER!"

Did I get the coles notes right on that one or did I "Chris Farley" it up?

Wasn't number 11 the incentive variant issue?

I don't see how a first appearence can raise the print run of an issue unless people know the character is comming before the final cut off date and that rarely happens. I remember some rumors for PP that Hook would appear in #9 but that was after final order cutoff. The numbers for PP shot up for issue 10 and 11 because the fire caught around issue 8-9 and everyone discovered the agony and ecstasy of preorders.

"thats why Peter Panzerfaust has such high print runs for issues 9 and 10, because of the speculators"

Shows Chart

"Actually issue #9 was the introduction of a new character and #10, the highest printed issue Peter Panzerfaust had a rob guillory variant and a C2E2 variant that are included in those numbers, therefore negating your point, and makes your chart reinforce my point"

"NO YOU"RE WRONG, YOU"RE ALWAYS WRONG, I AM RIGHT FOREVER!"

Did I get the coles notes right on that one or did I "Chris Farley" it up?

Wasn't number 11 the incentive variant issue?

I don't see how a first appearence can raise the print run of an issue unless people know the character is comming before the final cut off date and that rarely happens. I remember some rumors for PP that Hook would appear in #9 but that was after final order cutoff. The numbers for PP shot up for issue 10 and 11 because the fire caught around issue 8-9 and everyone discovered the agony and ecstasy of preorders.

You're right, it was 11. I counted the chart wrong lol

Who makes a chart and doesn't put numbers on it? (People that try to manipulate fact to get there point across - BTW did you notice how certain posts went from Emoticons to "full arguments" almost right after you pointed out I got the numbers wrong? Oh man this must be a new CGC board trend, and I'm sure its going to be great)

I'll ignore the tin foil hat now.

keep talking in the third person, it means you're winning ;):)

Anyway, doesnt need to go any further off topic, jimmy got everything wrong, game/set/match on that.

The point was, hoping the bump isnt just speculators, (as per PP in my example), was a valid comment by Conan_Aficionado. Those always talking the book up, yet only selling, never buying, don't need to doggy pile on him.

Edited by CBT

i'd love to throw gasoline on the CBT fire, but really not worth it.

Please? The entertainment value might be worth it...

(:

-slym

Come on Slym tell us now.

You were the kid in school in the back of the crowd the yelled "Fight Fight" all the time weren't you?

:roflmao:

:golfclap:

This thread is the best.

so, I make one little innocuous comment, and I get the poop piled on me. I'm strictly a collector, but I have no qualms with a flipper trying to profit. If we are concerned about readers getting copies, there are the multiple printings, the digital copies, the illegal downloadable digital copies, trade paperbacks, etc. I see no reason to be concerned for the readers sake. As a matter of fact, the buying frenzy probably brings a lot of attention to a title and probably new readers.

If your're a smart collector, you simply wait out the speculators, wait for the dump, than, scoop them up on the cheap.

So.....anyone still enjoying the story?

Aside from East of West, it's the book I look forward to seeing the most each month.

I'm just hoping there is more involvement from Sacagawea soon. I have a feeling that once the story moves to when they move further west we will see a lot more new creatures emerge as well.

So.....anyone still enjoying the story?

Aside from East of West, it's the book I look forward to seeing the most each month.

I'm just hoping there is more involvement from Sacagawea soon. I have a feeling that once the story moves to when they move further west we will see a lot more new creatures emerge as well.

I have a feeling issue #7 will be Sacagawea's coming out party if the cover says anything about the story.