• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

There are actually less Ottleys on the census than the LBCC.

Really starting to make me wonder what the print run is.

Less Ottleys than LBCC on ebay the last time I checked but I think there were only 250 LBCC books so I doubt it is close overall.

So I just picked up and started reading from issues 5 and 6 off the shelf and although I'm a teeny bit lost, I'm diggin it so far! Is Sacagawea's 1st appearance in issue 1?

I think issue #4 will be considered her 1st appearance. The Ottley cover brings a premium and she is on it just like the Ranger on the EoW RRP.

OK, digging even further into the completed listings, it seems there is one or two higher-priced finishes for each of these books, and they came from live auctions, but the majority of live auction closing prices are lower than the BINs out there.

So yeah, I guess the BIN w/Best Offer is the way to go.

:)

-slym

Less Ottleys than LBCC on ebay the last time I checked but I think there were only 250 LBCC books so I doubt it is close overall.

I think we see more LBCC because of it's price tag, where as I think more people are holding onto the Ottley in hopes that it keeps going up in price. I know I'm not selling any of mine until I know what the print run is.

I think we see more LBCC because of it's price tag, where as I think more people are holding onto the Ottley in hopes that it keeps going up in price. I know I'm not selling any of mine until I know what the print run is.

I can see that but I don't know how we will ever know what the print run on the Ottley cover were other than from the distributor. Any ideas ?

It doesn't matter what the print run for ottley variant is. It will always be in higher demand because of the sacagawea cover. And if it is lower, then the market will push it up even higher. Just got confirmed from cgc - 9.8s for 7/7 ottley covers. :) I guess 7 is the lucky number

I need the cash now, though! I am in sort of a bind (not really) that I need to sell these off but damn, if this book keeps rising up like it is, I don't want to be kicking myself AGAIN! In the past year, I have sold off and afterwards watch prices rise on many books: Deadpool, Scalped, Chew, and this is just a few examples of this happening in my life. I don't even want to get into selling my Nyx 1-4 run in December or January after it was released, only to find out that #3 was X-23s 1st app a few months later...

blowupg.gif

-slym

I need the cash now, though! I am in sort of a bind (not really) that I need to sell these off but damn, if this book keeps rising up like it is, I don't want to be kicking myself AGAIN! In the past year, I have sold off and afterwards watch prices rise on many books: Deadpool, Scalped, Chew, and this is just a few examples of this happening in my life. I don't even want to get into selling my Nyx 1-4 run in December or January after it was released, only to find out that #3 was X-23s 1st app a few months later...

blowupg.gif

-slym

In stock market they say "buy low - sell high". you never get to "buy lowest - sell highest" ;)

blowupg.gif

-slym

If you wait for the perfect time to sell, you will never get rid of anything. I also believe if you only sell at peak prices and you sell a lot of books, people will find somewhere else to buy unless you are selling to someone who doesn't resale. 2c

blowupg.gif

-slym

In stock market they say "buy low - sell high". you never get to "buy lowest - sell highest" ;)

Yeah, what he said. lol

That is all I want... even one time. I bought these at cover from a LCS, I had them graded (no pressing) and if this takes off even half of what TWD does, dammit - I want to say I was there!

:ohnoez:

-slym (waits for CBT's response to this) :whistle:

If you wait for the perfect time to sell, you will never get rid of anything.

Yeah, I know...

I also believe if you only sell at peak prices and you sell a lot of books, people will find somewhere else to buy unless you are selling to someone who doesn't resale. 2c

Well, I don't sell a lot of books, even at my best. But I understand where you are coming from.

I haven't had a sales thread here in a long time, but I should have better luck with these CGC issues than my raw drek...

hm

-slym

blowupg.gif

-slym

If you wait for the perfect time to sell, you will never get rid of anything. I also believe if you only sell at peak prices and you sell a lot of books, people will find somewhere else to buy unless you are selling to someone who doesn't resale. 2c

This. Wise words, Authority! Slym, maybe sell now while it's hot and hold one copy for later in case it explodes further? That's what I like to do. You're definitely making money on the deal if you sell now and hold one, enough to cover the grading fees...then it doesnt matter how long you hold that lone slab for. 2c

To say what? That all the people who tried to squelch me or got mad at my very reasonable comments....were all people with books to sell?

That's been outted long ago. I'm glad the shill auctions managed to lift the prices and get the train out of the station for you guys. Where it ends up going without any tv/movie rumors to hold it up, is pretty obvious also.

NWM, Helheim, Uber, etc, etc

Selling for a profit is never bad. Hanging on to one or two as just in case copies, also never bad. For any book.

Edited by CBT

To say what? That all the people who tried to squelch me or got mad at my very reasonable comments....were all people with books to sell?

That's been outted long ago. I'm glad the shill auctions managed to lift the prices and get the train out of the station for you guys. Where it ends up going without any tv/movie rumors to hold it up, is pretty obvious also.

NWM, Helheim, Uber, etc, etc

Selling for a profit is never bad. Hanging on to one or two as just in case copies, also never bad. For any book.

Are you actually serious... are you saying the one or two shill auctions(still no proof of that) have to led to the success of this book and the continued sustained and rising prices this book is getting?

Did the shill auctions also lead to Kirkman into getting Silvestri and McFarline to do the cover to #7?